Monday, February 28, 2011

A Toast to Spring!

This week on Ooh La Frou Frou ...
we find the eight Ooh La Frou Frou girls
lying around with a serious case of ...
Spring Fever.
They've been painting their nails in cheerful colors and
sighing a lot while looking out at the snow ...
it has seemed to them
that winter in the city will never end.
They long for city streets with no snow ...
and for the scent of flowers ...




images 1 and 2

Ooh La Frou Frou girl Cherie
saw the sad situation for what it was
and had the perfect solution.
She turned and disappeared into the kitchen ...
soon arriving back with a tray holding
eight flutes of pink champagne.
"Let's toast to spring!" she said ...
"So much fun can be had
in just the planning ...
why wait until Spring is here to plan it?"

As champagne bubbles tickled their nose,
she said to them ...
"now, close your eyes ...
imagine that when you step out onto the city streets,
green leaves are sprouting,
and the smell of spring is in the air!"

All eyes closed,
the creative visualization worked so well,
they actually imagined themselves dressed as the flowers
that graced the city streets!
(Below Cherie, Hope and Aimee look like a floral parade
as they dream of walking down the city streets in springtime!)
Note: this illustration is not a card, illustration created especially for the blog.

When the girls all opened their eyes,
they felt renewed.
When Cherie brought in a stack of spring catalogues,
the girls were ready to plan!

One of the first things to plan for spring
might be jotting down who you'll send your spring cards to ...
the FIRST OF THREE Ooh La Frou Frou spring cards
will be introduced right here
on next Monday's post!


Need more ideas for spring plans? ...

What perfume will you be wearing
as a proper salute to spring?
Maybe ... Daisy Eau So Fresh!
This perfume is a new interpretation of Daisy
that's described as
"more fruity, more bubbly and more fun ...
it radiates with sunny florals and sparkling energy
to transport you to a place of exhilaration."
A new spring perfume? Check!


We all know that April showers bring May flowers.
Let's plan for them now!
These Kate Spade Randi Rain Boots
could cheer up even a rainy day.


If you're planning for spring,
as the Ooh La Frou Frou girls will be,
how about a book or two ... not to read right now,
but to save for those gorgeous spring days
when you're sipping a latte on a park bench ...
(can you say anticipation?)
and, of course, you'll need a tote
to ... well, tote your book around in.
There's just something about shiny patent leather
in the brilliant colors of spring.
East West Shopper by Dooney and Bourke
also comes in other yummy colors
like aqua, yellow and tangerine.
Alongside it is the matching Continental Clutch.

And we always need something
to dream about ...
I could dream forever about this
Louis Vuitton tri-color clutch in sorbet colors!

Image via

If these shiny spring bags make you sigh,
you'll probably have fun playing around with color
at Jelly Bags, where you can pick a clear bag of your choice
and then click on one of a variety of colors to see
what the bag you chose would look like in color!
Like being a bag designer!
This one is in the color "Arancio" ...
like a little sunshine on your arm!



All of your spring plans will be so divine, I'm sure,
that you probably should plan on sharing your
spring adventures with some girlfriends
when spring actually arrives.
How fun it would be to sip tea
and enjoy a fluffy spring dessert
under a ruffled patio umbrella
and compare notes!
Kate Spade Larabee Cups and Saucers;
Anthropologie Natural World Dessert Plates;
and ruffled Flamenco patio umbrella
from Santa Barbara Designs.



(c) 2011 Butterfly illustrations by Sandy ~ artist, Ooh La Frou Frou Collection



Don't forget ...
the FIRST OF THREE Ooh La Frou Frou's spring cards
will be introduced right here
on next Monday's post!

Who will you send one to?

Happy Almost March, Glamorous Girlfriends!
And Happy Spring Planning from
Ooh La Frou Frou!



All artwork published in the Ooh La Frou Frou blog
and in all Ooh La Frou Frou Collection cards
by Sandra Markwalder,
artist and creator of the card line.
(c) Ooh La Frou Frou ~ All Rights Reserved.

31 comments:

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Gorgeous images!! Spring has sprung here in Spain, so this post really wetted my appetite for all the wonderful colors this time of year brings.
What perfume will I use this Spring? I've just bought a Bulgari fragrance called 'Green Jade' which is really light and fruity;perfect for Spring!
Lovely post as always Sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Loving the umbrellas, they look like buttercream frosting. Umm, buttercream frosting... Now I want a cupcake!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,

Another great blog, Spring has surely sprung here!

Pretty colors and love the bags, love to try out the perfume if I can find it over here.
Can't wait for next week!

Unknown said...

You rounded up some of my favorite bags for Spring Sandy and I LOVE that entrance at Porthault--swoon! + love the bubbling champagne. What a lovely way to start of the week!

xoxo Mary Jo

Alleen said...

WOW! I want those in my entry way...very spring. We aren't having spring like weather here so it's hard to get excited but this post has brightened my day! Thanks!! xx

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little luv notes from Sandy to:

Vanessa@Luxuria: Hi sweetie! Your new spring perfume sounds lovely ... I'll make a point to check out Bulgari Green Jade next time I'm shopping! xoxo

Poppy@GlamorousWhimsy: hahaha I think you MIGHT be the only one that sees buttercream frosting in the umbrellas, Poppy ... funny how your fabulous mind works! Okay, now you've made ME want a cupcake too! ;) xoxo

Raicreations: Thanks lovely. It's such a pretty time of year that it needs the whole month of March to celebrate it, I say! Yes, those bags are luscious (if a bag can be luscious, and I say they CAN!) ;) xoxo

Mary Jo from TrustYourStyle: I like to think of Mondays as celebration days anyway ... the beginning of a new week is sort of like the beginning of a new year ... just more often! Cheers! (Thank goodness we don't need to make Monday resolutions, though!) haha Yes, that Louis Vuitton clutch is probably the prettiest patent clutch I've ever seen! You can almost taste it! ;) xoxo

Alleen: Not spring here either yet, so we felt this was a much needed boost ... to kick off the spring excitement. Yes, wouldn't those D. Porthault flower columns be fabulous at the entry to a house? You'd have the whole neighborhood drooling! I wonder how they keep the flowers alive there? hmmmm something to ponder! xoxo

Thanks, girls, for the fabulous support of Ooh La Frou Frou! The girls and I just LOVE reading all of your comments ;) Have a wonderful pre-spring Monday! xo Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oo I saw those Kate Spade boots in New York, I was so tempted to buy, but I did not ;-( I should have read this post first, because then I should have been inspired for some Spring pink! Lovely!

www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

ps But I ate Rose macarons on Sunday, which I guess counts!

Ruby said...

Exactly what I needed,at the very moment it was needed! Thank you. You are why I adore Mondays!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little notes to the following from Sandy:

styleonthecouch: Yes, the Rose macarons definitely are going in the right pink direction, darling! Now, all you have to do is order those Kate Spade hot pink boots! You'll be the envy! ;) XoXo

Ruby@Ruby'sMusings: Oh, Ruby, you do know how to make a girl feel good! So happy that the girls and I could make you adore Mondays ~ such an honor! XoXo

Thanks so much, girls, for stoppnig by to see us at Ooh La Frou Frou! Have a lovely week ;) Sandy

Gorgeous Glam said...

This definitely gives an air to spring fever! I love the illustration of the little pups and chic dolls walking them! So vibrant and glam! Well done! I just picked up the new Daisy perfume and love it! I recommend! Hope you have a fabulous week!! xo Keep it Glam! -Taj

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Taj Acosta: Thanks for stopping by to visit, love, and for your compliment on the illustration. So happy to hear that you liked the Daisy perfume! Sounds just perfect for spring and it sounds like you're right on track in gettng ready for it! Have a wonderful week! xoxo

Anonymous said...

A lovely explosion of femininity. Have a beautiful day ~ xox Alexandra

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh my sweetie, we are so in the same frame of mind! Such gorgeousness here. And thank goodness it's just around the corner. I'll toast to that! :) xoxo

Unknown said...

Cherie is so my kind of girl!!! Pink champagne (my all time favorite) and pink tulips! We have a ways to go before it really feels like Spring, but today was a big step toward it! Cheers to you and cheers to Spring!!!!

xoxo Elizabeth
ps: Your studio sounds heavenly. I can just envision you painting away in there!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little notes to the following Glamorous Girlfriends from Sandy:

Coco Coterie: Hi Alexandra! So nice to have you stop by to say hello ~ and thank you for the femininity ... we're very excited for March around here! Happy On The Road To Spring to you! ;) xoxo

TheAlternativeWife: Hello Dawn! It was so funny, when I went to your post and saw that you had spring fever I just smiled at the way we're all SO ready for a little warm!!! When it gets here, I know I'll be outside as much as I possibly can! Thank, sweetie, so much for stopping by! xoxo

prettypinktulips: Yes, we have a way to go to until spring gets here but I'm so happy to be planning for it! It's such delicious anticipation! Thanks on your compliment on my studio description. It is lovely but even with three sets of french doors, I long to open them wide!! (which is what I do in the summer ;) Thanks so much, sweetie, for visiting! xoxo

Girls, it means a lot that you stop by and leave comments ~ I so enjoy reading them!!! xoxo

Angelica Ng said...

Oh yes, I can't wait until spring, and it's crazy to think that's it's less than a month away! I have yet to smell the new Daisy, but will sooner or later! I've been looking around for rainboots, and Kate Spade has answered me!! Too bad they're probably much too expensive!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Viva la spring AND Kate Spade!

Karena said...

Sandy adore the fabulous accessories you have for us!! Bright colorful love, love!!

I have an Artful Offering and great interview on my site.You will love it!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Notes from Sandy to:

Angelica Ng: Hi Angelica! Thanks for stopping by ~ hopefully the Kate Spade boots will work out ~ I think they'd be aDORable on you! Happy March, sweetie!

Kristen: You said it girlfriend, Viva la spring for sure and Kate Spade can only make it happier, right? Love all of her happy colors. I wear a lot of black because it just feels so sophisticated to me, but I'm going to be sporting some brights this spring!!

Karena: Thanks for visiting, Karena! Thanks so much for your compliments ~ I'll definitely stop over to your Artful Offering and interview! Have a lovely, lovely March!

Girls, thank you so much for visiting the girls and I at Ooh La Frou Frou ~ I so love reading your comments! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I want those rainboots!!!

Simply Colette said...

Great blog! Thanks for following me on Twitter :)

-nicolette

http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
http://www.photographygetaways.com

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Oh yes spring is finally here and I'm so happy for it! Stunning spring inspired collection!

I hope your week is going smoothly, cheers: Evi

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little notes from Sandy for:

The French Mouse: Hi sweetie! Oh yes, the Kate Spade rain boots! They're so YOU! You must take a picture of yourself in them if you get them and post it on your blog!xoxo

Simply Collette: Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou, Collette, and the adventures of the eight Ooh La Frou Frou girls that star on the cardline. Did you notice that if you click on "Follow" *poof* you become a Glamorous Girlfriend? Special giveaways and little surprises happen for the Glamorous Girlfriends ;) I'll pop over to visit you at your blog as well!

Absolutely Ladylike: Evi, thank you so much for dropping by ~ always such an absolute pleasure! Love your blog, as you know, and hearing tidbits of your life there and how the weather is where you are on the other side of the world compared to here. Have a lovely week in your glamorous world, doll ;) xoxo

Girls, thanks so very much for your comments ~ the girls and I just LOVE reading them! Means a lot xo

Liesl said...

Cheers to spring indeed...love this!!! Your blog is so bright and beautiful! FUN!!! I have some lovely pink tulips in my apt. right now! :)

Liesl :)

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Liesl:

Hello! Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou! So glad you discovered the fun of Ooh La Frou Frou! AND so nice to discover you and your lovely blog too! Yes ... yay for Spring! Sounds like we're both craving tulips ... I have some on my studio desk too! Come back and see us ~ there's a fun, new post each Monday! xo

Sandy

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh so so pretty my friend*

I love this post, and the Spring-like feel throughout. I will take the boots, teacups, bags, and umbrellas, pretty please! Such lovely things to want...

I hope you have a fabulous, fabulous Friday—cannot wait to see your new Spring card collection, but for now, sending hugs your way, Sarah

Paris Pastry said...

I want spring! Now! (and the Louis Vuitton clutch ;)

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Sarah Klassen: Thanks so much, dear friend, for stopping by Ooh La Frou Frou. Now we'll just have to reserve one of each of those items and be holding it for you, won't we? ;) Aren't they delicious? Happy weekend to you, Sarah - hope it's relaxing and lovely! xo

Paris Pastry: That just shows how much we REALLY want spring to come when the Louis Vuitton is added to your list of wants as a second to spring! And I totally agree!!!!! Thanks, sweetie, for stopping by to see the girls and I ~ have a wonderful weekend! ;) xo

Thanks so much to both of you for taking the time to stop by and leaving your sweet comments. Means so much ;) Sandy

LEONID GUREVICH said...

these tulip images remind me of the May Holidays in my native Russia. Thanks for posting! beautiful photos

Spasibo!!

Leon

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Well, this is my first time to your blog and I'm loving everything. The perfume is my fave, I must get this as an addition to the first scent I have. The plates are gorgeous as well. I look forward to more spring inspired post.

Lisa xx

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Leonid: Thanks for stopping by! I learned something new today ... I wasn't aware that Russia was known for tulips! Have a wonderful new week!

Lesapea Musings: Welcome, darling, to the blog! So glad that you decided to stop by ... it's a fun place to be! We love meeting new girlfriends ... please do stop by and see us again!