Monday, May 23, 2011

Ooh La Frou Frou Girl Aimee ~ Close Up!

Happy Monday, Lovelies!

If you're new, welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou!

This is the place where, each Monday, we peek into the lives of the
girls I've created to be the stars of the
Ooh La Frou Frou Collection card line:
Hope, Tiffany, Cherie, Aimee, Belle, Alex, Violet and Sunny.
I hope you see yourselves in their glamorous adventures, as well ...
for you are the inspiration and our real-life Ooh La Frou Frou girls!

We recently started a fun series of posts
to review the details of each of these girls.
If you missed our Review of
Hope, Tiffany and Cherie
be sure to peek in at those posts and see
the glamorous places they live in the city!

Today we're doing a Glamorous Review of
our Paris-loving girl:
Description of Aimee:
Brunette, green-eyed Aimee is all about anything French.
Like Hope, Tiffany and Cherie,
Aimee leads an exciting life in Manhattan
and loves it so so so very much ...
but she also has romantic dreams of Paris
and jets off there every chance she can get!
(isn't that a dream of us all?)
Ooh-la-la.

via

via


via

To Aimee, dreams of Paris are the key to her happiness ...

via
For our Glamorous Review of Aimee,
let's start by looking at the cards she's been on so far:
The first card: "Glamour Girls."
The inside message of this card:
Glamour Girls ... that's who my bridesmaids are!
(she's in green on the right)

And she recently appeared in our
very sparkly blank card called
"Rain Drop Dreams" ...
if you've never thought of raindrops as diamonds before ...
welcome to the Ooh La Frou Frou way of thinking!


Let's take a quick look at the posts
that have featured Aimee so far ...

In her first post, she told us a few things
she loves about the City of Lights and Love ...
and, of course, Laduree was on the list!
She was looking very chic on her turquoise bike with
her little Yorkie, Paree, in the basket, no? ...





And Aimee is very excited about recent very sweet news ...
her beloved Laduree is opening a shop in New York this July
at 845 Madison Avenue!
Sweet dreams do come true!

Continuing with Aimee's posts, earlier this year,
Aimee let us in on her New Year's resolution.
She said she'd always wondered what it would actually
feel like to live in Paris.
She resolved to have a
"Parisian Fantasy"
this summer and share it with us in a post!
We'll watch as Aimee and a few of the other Ooh La Frou Frou girls
(which ones will she choose to join her?)
lease an apartment is Paris and live the fantasy ... for one week.
They'll be buying fresh French food, stopping by the flower markets,
cooking and entertaining ... sipping cappuccino in cafes ...
shopping in boutiques ...
it will be a fun post ... stay tuned!
On our Valentine's Day post, Aimee was one of the girls
holding up our Valentine sign ... you can see
little Paree at her feet on the right ...
(if you're new, the other Ooh La Frou Frou dogs are
Hope's poodle, Olive, and Cherie's pug, Luxe).

I thought the above illustration would make an awfully cute
blog button, so I changed the wording on the sign and
you can now find it on our right sidebar, available
with our other blog buttons.

In Aimee's most recent post not long ago called
"If Raindrops Were Dreams,"
she fantasized about what she'd prefer to fall
from the sky instead of raindrops ...
designer bags, perhaps?

or maybe ... little Eiffel Towers and macarons?

or perfume and lipstick!

That completes our quick review of Aimee's posts so far.

And to get ready for her glamorous "Parisian Adventure" post this summer,
you can be sure that Aimee will be brushing up on Parisian style ...
and the fabulous Parisian Chic
by Ines de la Fressange
will be her guidebook ...


Inside Parisian Chic you'll find these categories:
Dress Like a Parisian ~ About Fashion/Style
Belle of the Ball ~ About Beauty
Chez Moi ~ About Parisian Lifestyle
Ines's Paris ~ About the cafes and boutiques in Paris

Here is a little intro about Parisian Chic I think you'll enjoy ...



Now ...
are you wondering where Aimee lives in New York?
Of course, as an artist, when deciding where she should live,
I first had to decide on the style of architecture ...
an obvious choice for Aimee ... French!
Just as I did with Hope, Tiffany and Cherie,
I've created a quick rough sketch and watercolor of
the chic Parisian-style limestone townhouse
(with glossy black arched door)
that Aimee's apartment is in.
It's steps away from Central Park ...
perfect for walking little Paree!

When she and Paree step out for that fashionable walk,
she passes by the beautiful Plaza Athenee of New York
and sometimes pops in quickly when longing for
just a little more French ... oui?

via

Yes, Aimee lives in two worlds and loves them both.
Her fabulous Manhattan never fails to excite her.
And romantic Paris provides sweet, sweet dreams.

Many of you know that I've been introducing,
one-by-one, the four notecards to be a part of our
Summer "City Girls" Boxed Notecard Collection
to be released soon.
See the post with the introduction of the first notecard: "Tiffany Dreams" here.
See the post with the introduction of the second: "Summer in the City" here.
And THIS week, we're introducing the third!
"Taxi Girl."
And starring in Taxi Girl is .... Aimee!

Aimee has swept her hair up and is looking dramatically chic
after a busy day of shopping, shopping, shopping in the city.
Dressed in her favorite color, pink, she looks for that one
empty taxi to fill with her glamorous finds
and whisk her back to her lovely apartment!


There will be twelve blank notecards to a box:
Four exciting city designs, three cards of each design.
Each of the four notecards designs has a white envelope
with color-coordinated envelope liners that have
printed designs made especially for each card design.
These are not your average notecards ...
embellished with touches of glitter or crystals,
they're like miniature paintings of exciting girls in
one of the most exciting cities in the world ...
New York.

The Summer "City Girls" boxed notes
will be available for purchase in approximately two weeks.
The fourth notecard in this Collection
will be introduced at that time.
Thanks so very much for joining us, everyone.
Have a glamorous week!




Illustration Credit:
All illustration in this post
and on all cards
is the work of the artist and creator of
The Ooh La Frou Frou Collection card line,
Sandra Shelton Markwalder.

The Parisian photographs in the beginning of the post
of the Eiffel Tower, breakfast on the balcony,
black and white photo and macaron key chain
do not belong to me and the source from which I found them
is marked below the images designated with a link that says "via."

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh la la Aimee, tres beau.
j,aime votre maison. jadore votre stle.
l,amour de Chelsi.

Anonymous said...

I adore every single illustration - wowza, you're so talented! The drawings are so much fun and so feminine.

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Anonymous: Merci, merci!!! (So happy that you love Aimee's home and style!) So glad you could stop by and enjoy a little Ooh La Frou Frou with us this week! xoxo ~♥~

notjamilla: Milla, thanks so very much ... always means so much to know that people are enjoying the illustrations. When Aimee has her one-week Parisian adventure, I'll need to consult with you, as you've already gone through all the steps ... truly a real-live Ooh La Frou Frou girl! xoxo ~♥~

Unknown said...

Very glamourous this week, love Paris your illustrations are always so real because I can identify myself as some of the girls. I shall be visiting Paris next month and quite excited about it!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Raicreations Designs: You're going to PARIS! Love it! Take pictures and tweet them? Can't wait to hear about your adventures! Thanks so much for your compliments on the illustrations, darling. And when you say that you see yourself in the Paris scenes ... makes my heart melt, as that's the way I want all of the girls out there to feel! Have a lovely week and thanks so much for stopping by, love. xoxo ~♥~

SoapyMermaid said...

Aimee, c'est moi! for she loves paris and french style ;) Moreover, I adore the name "aimée". I did not know ines de la fressange wrote a guide ! see you :)

Anonymous said...

Aimee and I have the same beret... :P
I love that pic of the Eiffel Tower. When I was in Paris many years ago I stood in the chilly night watching it sparkle under a full moon. Pure magic.

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Soapy Mermaid: Hi darling! Yes, Aimee definitely loves Paris and French style! And I'm so looking forward to reading Parisian Chic! Have a lovely week! xoxo ~♥~

Sarah-L-B:Love the image of you standing under the Eiffel Tower under the full moon ... very romantic! And yes, I see that you do have the same beret! Too cute! Thanks for stopping by, sweetie! xoxo ~♥~

Julie Leah said...

Aimee's card is absolutely gorgeous! I love it oh so much, Sandy!!

Ruby said...

Well you know I relate to a bit of Hope, and of course Tiffany...and I do believe there is a bit of Cheri in me as well....as always enjoy Mondays cause of your posts~

Pink Champagne said...

I do believe I dream of Paris nearly everyday... j'adore! And the Plaza Athenee is one of my faves - I'd love to set up a champagne date with the chic Amy! XO

Unknown said...

Oh darling we both had the same inspiration....Paris! How perfect and a grand way to start the week. Magnifique! Hope you had a fabulous Monday sweets!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Sandy, I love this post! Especially that black door on her limestone walk-up--perfection! I've been wanting to get one of those macaron key chains, now I will have to track one down. Hope you are off to a wonderful week!

xo Mary Jo

designchic said...

I love Aimee and her card!! Such fabulous illustrations, as always...

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of the stunning Parisian architecture; it is so sublime ~ xox Alexandra

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Julie (Brown Eyed Belle): Julie thanks so very much for giving me the biggest smile of the day because of your sweet comment. So glad you love the glamorous "Taxi Girl" notecard! ~♥~

Ruby (Ruby's Musings): Thank you Ruby ... you're always such a sweetheart! It will be fun to see if you add any of the other girls to your list of "bits and pieces" that are part you!

Pink Champagne: Thank you, darling! What a lovely idea ... a champagne date with Aimee at the Plaza Athenee ... we may have to make it a post sometime! ~♥~

Design Chic: I'm so thrilled that you love Aimee's new card, sweetie! IT's exciting ~ so many people have told me that they are waiting for the release of the notecards and I'm so glad that they're making people happy ... what I always aim to do, of course! Thanks so much for dropping by! ~♥~

Coco Coterie: That makes two of us, darling ... is there anything prettier than french architecture? Hmmm ... nope ... can't think of a thing! ;) ~♥~

JanandJill.com said...

You have such a fun blog with so many amazing pics. Defnitely following you and on twitter.

xoDale
I have a fashion blog here in San Francisco
www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

Kori said...

Loving Aimee!!!! Great post as usual darling. Can you believe I've never had a macaroon? Hope you are having a great week sweetie. Kori xoxo

Margarita Bloom said...

I've been thinking about PARIS all week long! Were you reading my mind Sandy & Aimee? giggles... I may have to borrow that Parisian Cafe pic for a Paris post of my own in the future!

Paris architecture is the most beautiful I think...it sends me into fits of swoons and to stay at the beautiful Plaza Athenee...tres Magnifique girls! What stunning murals!

I can't wait to ses what delights await us in your "Parisian Fantasy" post...lucky girls.

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Dale: Hi sweetie! Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou ~ so lovely to have a new Glamorous Girlfriend! Lots and lots more fun to come ~ and I'll definitely go right over and check out your blog as well! ~♥~

Kori Donahue: I never had one either until just a month or so ago when I was out of town and there was this gorgeous European bakery and it had the most delightful macarons!! I had my first, a pistachio macaron ~ delish!! Thanks so much, Kori, for stopping by! ~♥~

Margarita Bloom: Hi lovely! Always so fun to have you drop by, sweet. I agree ~ french architecture and those MURALS ... literally makes one sigh, doesn't it?! So glad you're looking forward to the Parisian Fantasy post ... it will be fun! Have a lovely week creating fabulous scents!! ~♥~

Gorgeous Glam said...

Loves it!! And I cannot stop thinking about that little key chain I NEED it!! lol. Great now I'm obsessed! xo

Christina Kim said...

Sandra, seriously, you never, for a moment stop amazing me!!:) This is one of the best things I have ever seen, and I am truly impressed!!! I just loveeeeeee it, these beauties are just so adorably chic and oh my, I just can't take my eyes off it (or hold my jaw from dropping)...they are just so LOVELY...yes, with a capital L!:) You are one of the most creative person I have ever met, and I really mean it:D

Oh ya, I am already following you on FB..hehe, so I can keep up with all the new updates, yeayyy!:)

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Taj Acosta: I love the key chain too! They also have a very cute ring that looks like a dish of french pastries with a clear dome on top! Love it! ~❤~

Christy: Oh my goodness, thank you so very much, Christy. I'm so honored and your compliments are so very much appreciated. Have a simply lovely weekend! ~❤~

Gorgeous Glam said...

I just saw your adorable buttons on the sidebar and grabbed one!! It was sooo hard to choose they are like candy! Where have I been!
I totally need to hire you to do one for me! lol. Fashion and beauty I get, computers, not so bueno! xo -taj

Piper Larson said...

You do French-chic so well, Sandy. Gorgeous! One of my dearest friends just returned from Paris this week. Spoke with her yesterday about her trip...and then today - got even more of Paris from you. Love that!
XO Piper

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Taj Acosta: Thank you for grabbing my button, love! I'll do the same ;) And if you do want an illustration for a button or anything else, just let me know ... I do custom illustration for many things .. ;) ~♥~

Piper: Oh my gosh, thanks, darling. So glad you can feel a little Paris coming to life when reading about Aimee on Ooh La Frou Frou! Such a compliment! xoxo ~♥~

Unknown said...

this is such an adorable post- definitely to buy some of your cards soon!

Also, I have a giveaway going on at my blog for a $20 gift certificate to Green Apple Paperie if you're interested. They have super cute stuff!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Meg just got back from Paris Aimee! You should have tagged along! : )

stylemefab said...

Oh my word!!!! could Aimee be more fabulous!!!, can I be Aimee...!! Paris....fabulous style and that pink macaron made me want macarons like right now.

Unknown said...

Lovely work my dear! And that Eiffel Tower photo is one of the best I've ever seen! I'm so glad to finally be back in blogland and have the chance to catch up on my favorite girls!

xoxo
The French Mouse

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Kristin: She would have sooooo loved it, I'm sure, Kristin! ;) ~❤~

Style Me Fab: Haha ... thanks, sweetie .. so glad you love Aimee and the kind of glamorous life that we all love to fantasize about! So glad you could catch up. Hopefully you had a chance to click on the links for Hope, Tiffany and Cherie at the top of the post to see where they live too! Tomorrow we'll see where Belle lives ;) ~❤~

The French Mouse: So very glad to have you back from your travel, sweet! Hopefully you accomplished what you set out to do! It's a good time to stop by too, during the review of all of the girls. Hopefully you got to click the links of Hope, Tiffany and Cherie that we've already reviewed and see where they live too ... and we'll find out about Belle tomorrow! ;) xoxo ~❤~