Monday, November 7, 2011

Grand Flirt II ... Sunny's Response

Hello Real-Life
Ooh La Frou Frou Girls!

~ A Little Note ~
Originally I'd planned for this post
to feature illustrated girl Hope
and a peek into her shopping bags
~ you know she loves shopping more than anything ~
... but ...
that will come next week!

Just as I thought ...
all of you darling real-life
Ooh La Frou Frou girls
are just as glamorous and romantic as the
illustrated ones ...
and we all love a good love story.
Everyone had such fun with
Sunny's romantic adventure last week
 entitled
"Grand Flirt"
that I thought we simply must see
a bit more of what Sunny does next ...
so welcome to this week's episode ..
~ Grand Flirt II!~

Pssst ..
if you missed last week's
"Grand Flirt"
definitely back up and read it
before reading Grand Flirt II darlings!

Last week, Sunny received a
~ very glamorous invitation ~
and we asked your opinion of what she should do ..
so before we head back to The Mark Hotel
and visit Sunny again ...
I'll let you in on how your votes tallied up!
Most of you said that Sunny should
respond "yes! yes! yes!" ...
a few said she should say "yes"
but expressed a niggling little concern
that she didn't know him yet ...
and a very small group felt that she should
definitely turn this particular invitation down
at this point in time.

That brings us to a little step further
in Sunny's romantic adventure.
Welcome to
~ Grand Flirt II ~



When sophisticated city girl Sunny
receives any invitation that involves water ...
whether it's pool or sea ...
she finds it ever-so-intriguing.
In summer, you can often find her there ...




And when it's autumn and that invitation
comes from a very handsome stranger ...
one that she has seen only in passing three times in one week ...
the combination of this heart-skipping and memorable
~ Grand Flirt ~
and the thought of his invitation for a
private yacht dinner date at sunset on the sea
is almost too much to bear ...


Sunny has had to close her eyes,
take deep breaths
and search her inner crystal ball
to decide whether to go with her head ...
or her heart ...


... after all ...
dreams of candlelight
are so sweet ...

What is it about romance that is irrisistible and makes
 life as sparkling as champagne bubbles ...


... as joyful as glitter in the air ...


... and how does it make trees bloom in luscious color ...
in place of bare autumn branches of everywhere ...


With all of those thoughts in mind,
Sunny suddenly knew what she had to do ...
so she slipped to the hotel lobby
and let the concierge know ....
"Could you have him send the car please?"



A golden autumn Saturday morning
finds Sunny with a secret smile.
She eats her breakfast
humming a little secret song.
She has her blonde hair trimmed
in the hotel salon.
Her nails are painted
in the palest gold
in honor of the season.

A day spent in luxurious preparation
is a joy in itself.
Sunny likes nothing more than
a luxurious long bath
and a dressing room filled
with personal favorite things ...
things that sparkle enough to compete
with the stars ...








Sitting before her dressing table, each sparkling bottle
and gilded tube begs her to choose them ....
as she remembers his smile from the limousine ...


Her make-up is perfection ...
she remembers there were initials on his cuff ...
what were they?


Lying before her,
rings in crystal bowls
ache to be chosen ...


... and hanging about
her dressing room are dazzling
jewels waiting, hoping to be admired
on her silky throat and
glittering from her wrist ... 



For, what is a woman ...
without a certain air of mystery?




... of holding some things to herself...
... making him want to know ...
... need to know ...
more.



Sunny, dressed in a dazzling gown,
stepped into the lobby
of The Mark Hotel
just as the car arrived.

Sunny stepped out
into the autumn evening
and as the limo driver opened the door for her,
she bent to leave a note and a red rose
on the seat
with instructions to take them
to the gentleman.


Stay tuned ...
to be continued.

 
Illustration by
the artist and creator of
Ooh La Frou Frou
Sandra Shelton Markwalder.
(c) Ooh La Frou Frou 2011
All Rights Reserved.

To purchase the
Ooh La Frou Frou Collection
cards go here.

Images via Pinterest and Google.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
Sunny is just darling & that dressing room.
Sigh.
& her cloths!
Wow! i sure can relate to Sunny!
Love your music too.
All so beautiful.
Oh dear a whole week.
Chelsi

Fash Boulevard said...

there's so much fabulousness in this post. obsessed. thanks for sharing, love. love to hear what you think of my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow! what gorgeous images as always Sandy. I LOVE the image of that tree lined avenue; stunning.
Have a lovely week Sweets xx

Faith said...

Sandy, I love your creativity. Mondays are always brighter after reading your posts. Thank you! xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Thank you one and all that take the time to leave your comment on Ooh La Frou Frou ... I adore reading them!

Chelsi: Hello darling ~ happy Monday to you! Thank you so much for your sweet comment ... what is life without a little mystery and intrigue, I say. Makes everything so much more ... interesting! Wishing you hidden delights this week ... each day a lovely surprise to open ;) xoxo

Fash Boulevard: Hi doll ... so happy that you enjoyed a peek into Sunny's life. Hopefully your week will include some flowers in trees and glitter in the air too! xoxo

Vanessa @ VanLuxuria: Hello sweetness. Thank you so MUCH for your lovely words each week ... always so appreciated. And so glad you enjoyed the images chosen to support this romantic Ooh La Frou Frou Sunny story ... I love the flowered trees as well ... aren't they simply magic? And we all need a little (or a lot) of magic! Happy Monday, sweet! xo

Faith: What better thing can be said to someone than that they make a day brighter. Thank you sincerely for the lovely compliment and I'm so very happy that you enjoy the Ooh La Frou Frou world. Have a perfectly romantic week, lovely! xo

Anonymous said...

I would quite like that dressing room in my apartment please! And whilst you're at it, a little glitter in the air too. Ooh lots of loveliness for a Monday here. Makes me want to hop right in a cab and head to Tiffanys :-))

www.styleonthecouch.com

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous photos Sandy! I love your perfume bottle illustrations, they are soooo pretty! Hope you are off to a lovely new week!

xo Mary Jo

http://on-PCH.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh Sandy I have chills! This is so romantic! So happy that she decided to go. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for what happens next! :0 xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Style on the Couch: So glad you could join in the romantic fun this week, love ... yes, I'll take the dressing room too .. it's fabulous! xo

Trust Your Style: Thanks Mary Jo for the compliment on the perfume illustrations ... perfume bottles have got to be one of my favorite things to paint ;) They're all so lovely! xo

The Alternative Wife: It's so romantic to play with possibities and so fun hear the opinions of everyone ... thanks for being a part of the fun, Dawn ;) xo Yes ... I wonder what she'll do next? hmmmmm.

Unknown said...

Sandy, I love that you made a flirty sequel to this great escapade. Your images are always a clear vision of what these lovely girls are up to. Have a great week darling! XOXO

http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

SoapyMermaid said...

oh i loved to read that : I found it so dreamy...and poetical. I love your description of her dressing up and carefully choosing her jewels... this is so true... I love the fact she just put a rose and a note in the car : you 're so right about the fact a woman must keep her mysteries... fabulous post..

LV said...

I love this post and I love your blog! so fabulous and I am now FOLLOWING! Looking forward to more awesome posts! These images and the writing are amazing...

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

The Wild Fleur said...

Lovely photos, darling! Rosebud ice cubes, oh my!! And your perfume bottle illustrations are positively dreamy :-)

Hugs xx

Camille @ The Wild Fleur

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Fashionista 622: Thanks, sweetie ... I'm a romantic myself, so Sunny's romantic series (that will continue) is fun for me too! ;) So glad you stopped by .. have a lovely week! xoxo

Soapy Mermaid: So glad you enjoyed the post sweetie and thank you for referring to it as poetic ... life is that way, I feel ... when we see lipsticks lined up it almost seems as if they're waiting their turn to shine! Thank you for your sweet words and wonderful week wishes to you!

LV: Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou, darling! So glad to have you as one of the "girls" and I'm so happy that you're our latest follower. I'll hop over to visit you soon too. Thank you so much for your compliments on the images and writing ... life is a romantic thing ... here's hoping your week is just as magical! xo

The Wild Fleur: Camille, such a pleasure when you drop by ... and I love the look of the rose ice cubes too ... what a lovely way to put a bottle on ice! Thanks for the complimenton the perfume illustration ... I'm like you, can't get enough of pretty perfume! xoxo

Christina Perraki said...

Hello Sandy!
Sunny: A beautiful and smart girl. Just my kind!
Christina
http://www.fauxbilicious.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Now that was clever of her! Always be in control of the situation! I can't wait to find out what happens next...!

soniadaigle said...

I love it.. romantic and girly images and the fairy tale story that keep's me on my toes!
I can't wait to hear the rest of Sunny adventure...xo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Christina: The best combination, right? ;) Thanks for stopping by, darling. xo

Cafe Bellini: Exactly .. IN control of the situation .. and yet opening the door for possibilities! So glad you're enjoying Sunny's romance! xo

Pink Deco: You said it so perfectly ... so fun to have a fantasy that keeps us on our toes and on the edge of our seats! Thanks sweet, for stopping by! xo

Paris Pastry said...

This post is just as fabulous as Grand Flirt Part I!! I'm drooling over the vanity table room and the Elie Saab beaded gown! *sighs*

Have a Grand week!

Margarita Bloom said...

I'm just breathless...sooo fabulous! I'm enchanted by those rose colored blooming trees...that's just magical and the roses in the ice cubes!! Oooh, love!!!!!! I wouldn't mind a dressing room like that either...ooh, la, la!

You picked a few of my favorite photos too and of course tres romantic music! *wink*

Angelica Ng said...

omggg such a good romance story! And I must say this has been your best batch of photos yet. The dresses, the jewelery, and those icecubes with roses in them... Oh my! Ahhh I can't wait to see what this gentleman is going to do!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Paris Pastry: Hello darling .. so glad you enjoyed Sunny's romance Part I and II! I know you always leave ME wanting more when I see the delicious things you create! Have a wonderful remainder of the week! xo

Margarita Bloom: I too melted at the sight of those blooming trees! Aren't they magical looking? So glad you enjoyed, love. Have a sweet rest of the week! xo

Nik: Hi Nik ... so nice to meet you and welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou! Glad you'll be a part of the fun! Thank you for following and I'll come visit you as well.

Angelica Ng: Haha ... so glad you're loving it, sweetie ... I think there's nothing a girl likes better than a good love story! Thanks for checking in with us this week! xo

classiq said...

Now that's a stylish approach, sending him her instructions. ;) I was wondering what her response was. And now I can't wait to see what happens next. This is intriguing and so much fun! Love the perfume bottle illustration, Sandy! I hope you're having a wonderful week! xo
Ada

Christina Kim said...

Oh my gosh, you never fail to impress me time after time!
Oh ya, I am back, after a long break, hehehe, with a very very good reason:p

this post just got me hooked and I am just daydreaming about everything stylish and beautiful....ooohhh la la!:)

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Classiq: Hi Ada darling ... yes, a creative invitation from him requires a very creative response from her, no? So glad you're enjoying the intrigue ... and so glad you stopped by! xo

Christy: Hi Christy! So glad to hear from you again ... hope all is well ... and glad you didn't miss the beginning of the Sunny romance! So glad you're enjoying it ;) xo

ALESSANDRA - HowToBeInStyle said...

I really adore your awesome style & combination of gorgeous illustrations and stories! Love it!

xoxo

ALESSANDRA - HowToBeInStyle

Elle Sees said...

Some if the most darling photos.

Georgianna said...

Fabulous! Divine! A dreamy fairytale! Thank you, Sandy, for this wonderful escape. :)

xo – g

Glitterista said...

Sunny is so bright! What a clever way to meet the mystery man while controlling the situation. ;)

Getting ready slowly and luxuriously in that gorgeous dressing room would surely always end with the most perfect outfit, hair and accessories. Can't wait to hear what happens next! xoxo