Monday, July 1, 2013

Chicago Weekend




Hi everyone!
I certainly hope you had a fabulous weekend, as I did ...
and here's to a brand new week!

As you know, I mentioned that during the summer
there would be a very relaxed blogging schedule here but that I would
pop in to share what I've been doing and hear what you have been doing often,
whether it's twice a week or every couple of weeks ...
and I'm really loving this schedule!

So ...
I just stopped by to say hello
and share a few pics from my Chicago weekend!
If you follow on Instagram and Twitter,
you may already have seen a few of these
and apologize for any repetitiveness.
With a few family members in Chicago, this weekend
was a mixture of a client meeting and a family baby shower.
I love weekends in the city, whether it's Chicago or New York ...
you know I always find it inspirational.
So, here's just a little of my weekend in a capsule ...

Whether it was day or night, the view from the hotel room was beautiful ...
(I like to secretly pretend that it's my penthouse apartment view lol) ...



The city streets were particularly magical at dusk ...  


I glanced up once while walking at dusk and saw a single light turn on
in a penthouse in a very tall building ...
it made me wonder who turned that light on and
which room they were in ...
(forgive the grainy quality of this photo ...
these were shot with my iphone and what you're seeing
in the penthouse shot is a zoom to bring the penthouse up close). 


That penthouse with its golden lit window
kind of reminded me of this penthouse illustration
of mine that was part of a past blog post ... 

The sidewalk floral displays always blow me away ...



Sun setting and glowing off the buildings
during another evening walk ... 


... and of course, there was lots of relaxation by the hotel indoor pool ...
 



A charming brunch was enjoyed here, on Rush Street ...

... my last evening there, Saturday night ...

Looking down on my city view from the cozy booth at the Grand Lux Cafe
for late night dinner and dessert ...

... and then on Sunday afternoon, the lovely family baby shower
held in a restaurant with the most brunch menu...

... and then once the shower was over at 2 pm,
I was off and heading for home!
A whirlwind weekend and lots of fun.

Tell me ...
what did you do this weekend?
I'd love to know!
And ...
here's to a fabulous week for all of us!

OOH LA FROU FROU
is the blog of illustrator
SANDY M

For custom illustration inquiries
drop Sandy an e-mail at:
artistsandym@gmail.com

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like a wonderful weekend. Your pictures make Chicago look so lovely. Of course, you always share the beautiful side of life. One of my favorite things about your blog.
We entertained family on the deck and watched the world go by.
Have a great week!

highheeledlife said...

Sandy .. looks like a fabulous week-end. Filled with much inspiration for creating. This week-end I was home and catching up on some projects for my Life Coaching and working my chapter for a book that is coming out at the end of the year, which I've been given the opportunity to co-author in. So work filled.

But the week-end before it was in NYC and it was magical. I thought of your illustrations as I walked about the city - especially the Upper East Side.

Wishing you a fabulous week- Hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Your Chicago weekend sounds absolutely lovely :) There's so much to see along N. Michigan Ave. Chicago is one of my favorite cities... after NYC of course. It was kind of crazy last week so we just chilled out at home with the AC and some DVDs over the weekend. It's been so hot lately that the city feels like an outdoor sauna but it still beats the cold.

Happy July Sandy! Have a fab week and month!
Rowena @ rolala loves
Enter my Firmoo Eyewear Giveaway!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy, what a lovely weekend it looks like you had--the restaurant where you had brunch looks so lovely and I love that illustration of shoes is so adorable! Mine was wonderful, the weather here is perfect and all my friends want to visit and do fun touristy things--I love it!
xo Mary Jo

miss b said...

What a fabulous weekend you enjoyed . I have heard such good things about Chicago that it's definitely on my must -visit list and your photos make me want to go too! The view from your room and the Geand Luxe Café look amazing. Pretty penthouse illustration - I would love to stay there!!

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

I always wanted to see Chicago as they have great pizza and museums!
One day I shall, these pix are great
Glad you had a lovely time! Thank you for sharing!!

Rosemary

Fashion-isha said...

I love Chicago. My daughter lives there and I'm always awed by how clean and chic that city is!
Glad you enjoyed and happy 4th of JUly!
xo
Sharon