Monday, March 14, 2011

Easter Whimsy with Tiffany

Hello Darlings!
I was thrilled when the artist
asked me to post today ...
Easter is one of my very favorite holidays ...
made even happier by the fact that it takes place in spring ...
when everything feels fresh and new!
And we have something very exciting ...
I am the Ooh La Frou Frou girl starring in our
brand new Easter card being introduced today!

But before that excitement begins ...
How do you celebrate Easter?
New York City,
(where we Ooh La Frou Frou girls reside)
does Easter up big and ties it with a bow ...
would you expect anything less?
The Easter Parade ~ Easter Bonnet Festival
is held each year on Easter Sunday along Fifth Avenue
from 49th to 57th Streets, from 10 am - 4 pm.
In fact, the area around St. Patrick's Cathedral
is the perfect place to watch the variety
of extravagant and whimsical Easter bonnets go by ...
here are a few that appeared last year ...

Easter is just a little over a month away ...
April 24th to be exact ...

and that makes now the perfect time
to start making Easter plans ...

will you be entertaining at home
or perhaps enjoying a pretty Easter buffet at an elegant restaurant
or with friends or family at their home?
If you're the one doing the entertaining ...
this post is chocked full of goodies to inspire!
Some of the Ooh La Frou Frou girls
will be going home to visit parents ...
but some will be entertaining family here in the city.
Whatever your plans, we hope your day will be filled with sunshine!
I personally love to entertain for Easter ...
A pretty Easter basket in the entryway
would be the perfect place to tuck little gifts
that the guests could take home ...

Following are images to inspire ...
The egg-cup bouquets below and the pretty rosebud napkin
are from Martha Stewart;
the brussel-sprout topiaries in soup tureens are adorable,
as are the mini-Easter baskets tied to the backs of chairs
and the chandelier shades embellished with
the outer leaves of artificial heads of cabbage ...
all from Better Homes and Gardens!
It's easy to see why I love to entertain during this holiday!
So much fun!



The bud vases below and pretty pink ribbons tied around glass stems
from Country Living would garner oohs and aahs ...
For the vases, simply take a glass bobeche (candlestick collar)
with chandelier drops and place it atop a bud vase!
You can find different styles of these candlestick collars ...
for one version go here.
The charming bunny napkin is from Martha Stewart
and the sweet egg flower cups are from Better Homes and Gardens.

For some whimsical additions for a pretty table ...
the individual petit cupcake stands (1 below)
from Rosanna could also be used for
little Easter vignettes scattered on the tabletop ...
the bunny placecard holder (2) can be found at Pottery Barn
and could also be used holding whimsical messages on your table ...
these elegant beverage dispensers (3) would look elegant with
lemonade or iced tea ...
and the lovely Bon Bon Pedestals and serving pieces from Rosanna
would be pretty additions to a dessert buffet.

Need more whimsy?
Hmmm ... how about a Bunny Egg Platter (1 below)
from Pottery Barn that holds two dozen eggs ...
or perhaps the 12" tall charming porcelain rabbit (2) from Z Gallerie
would be perfect sitting amidst gorgeous flowers for a centerpiece
(I hear he likes to be the center of attention!) ...
the little individual bunny tureens (3) from Williams-Sonoma
are too cute for words ...
and don't you just love these little vase napkin rings (4) from
Two's Company?

Need still more whimsy?
Well ...
The Apothecary Jar Beverage Dispenser (1 below)
just says "Easter" when filled with pink lemonade;
the charming three-tier-basket begs for Easter goodies;
and if the personalized huricanes with pastel candles
aren't just made for Easter, then I don't know what is!


I've been waiting for my first sight of a robin ...
haven't seen one yet, but a bird theme would be
another sweet theme for Easter.
The following pieces would be pretty for a traditional look ...
little nest placecard or menu holders
are from Pottery Barn;
the gorgeous Woodland Bird dinnerware is from Horchow;
the Spring Sparrow table runner is from Pottery Barn ...
and Martha Stewart's little bird cupcakes would top it all off
so sweetly!

If your tastes run along a more contemporary vein,
For a contemporary tablescape,
these so-darling white paper pop-up placemats
are so whimsical and would bring smiles for sure!
The little bird cage tea towels would
make adorable napkins ...
and these little bird bowls would make sweet accents!

Whew!
Good entertaining requires details, details, details!
And a lot of them!

And now ...
to say hello to all of those friends
you may or may not be seeing at Easter ...
our new Easter card:
"Easter Whimsy!"
In this new card, I've let my hair down!
Easter Whimsy
is an Easter fantasy in a formal garden
surrounded by clipped hedges ...
glittery leaves in the trees overhead ...
butterflies all around (even on my shoulder and on the park bench!) ...
Easter eggs scattered all about ...
and even a chocolate bunny running across the lawn!
I am posing in a frothy skirt accented in lavender glitter,
My hair is blowing in the breeze,
on my head sits a pink bow with sparkly netting,
and I am holding a pretty pink purse with white gloves ...
very Audrey!
The card is sparkly galore ...
(hard to see in a scan).
There are crystals on the bow of my hat,
on my purse
and on my shoes and
glitter in the tree branches, on the tulips,
on my skirt, purse and netting!

The greeting inside the card says
"Happy Easter!"
To order this card, simply go here.


That's it for now, loves!
Have a perfectly wonderful week ahead!


Image Credits:
All illustration is by Sandra Markwalder,
artist and creator of the Ooh La Frou Frou Collection.
Photo Group 1: (New York 2010 Easter Parade): The Gothamist
Photo 2 (Al fresco tablescape): Country Living
Photo 3 (Tablescape 2/bunny): HGTV
Photo Group 4: Tablescapes left to right:
Left: Better Homes and Gardens
Middle: HGTV
Right: Martha Stewart
Photo Group 5: (Baskets) left to right:
Left: Clover Basket Martha Stewart
Right: Pottery Barn

All other images are linked above in body of blog post.

36 comments:

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow! gorgeous images Sandy. LOVE the vase and bird nest place holders; both so cute. And your new Easter card is divine! All images getting me thinking about Easter for the first time this year! Easter is HUGE in Spain, in fact bigger than Christmas, but with more religious overtones (impossible to buy a chocolate egg here. Aaaaaargh!)

Collette Osuna said...

Awww....what a super cute new Easter card....all the pics are so gorgeous too!!! Definitely makes me want warmer weather..NOW:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

Unknown said...

Love Easter, I think it has to be my favorite holiday {besides my b-day :) } Such adorable images and those bird bowls are to die for! Hope you're having a fabulous Monday Sandy!

xoxo Mary Jo

Unknown said...

Such pretty pictures, so colorful and spring feeling, I can almost smell the flowers!

Myra (Raicreations)

Pink Champagne said...

I am super-excited for Easter now! So many creative ideas... I will have to try. And can I please have the dress you are wearing on that gorgeous card? (And the shoes... and the purse?) XOXO

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little notes to:

Vanessa@Luxuria: So interesting to hear how other places celebrate the holidays ... no chocolate eggs? Say it's not so! I bet it's really lovely even without them, though. Thanks, darling, for stopping by to see us .. we love our girlfriend from Spain! And thank you VERY much for your compliment on the Easter card! Tiffany xoxo

Collette Osuna: Hi sweetie ... yes, we've had a l-o-n-g winter here, haven't we?! Thank you so very much for your compliments on the Easter card ... I so loved posing for it! Tiffany xoxo

Raicreations: Awww, thanks sweetie ... if we made you almost smell the flowers, that makes me so happy indeed! xoxo Tiffany

Pink Champagne: Thank you, love ... you always have such sweet words ... and we so appreciate it!! So glad you like my dress, purse and shoes! (I'll tell the artist!) They're very sparkly on the card! xoxo

Happy Monday and we hope you girls have a very sweeeet week!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

A message from Tiffany to:

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle: Hello Mary Jo! Thanks so much for stopping by! So happy that you enjoyed the Easter post ... I do believe all of the spring images are making us really believe it's almost here! The power of positive thinking! Have a wonderful week! (the artist said she will be sending you an e-mail regarding your e-mail!) Tiffany xoxo

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Another deliciously perfect post, Sandy darling! The photos you picked are whimsically divine! I've been on a little hiatus from blogging but I'm back & I have missed you so, my dear! Your post today was just what I needed! Muah!

http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Thank you so much for stoping by my blog recently, I'm so inspired by this post as I'm creating an Easter hat for my daughter for the first time, she's 3yrs old, so I'm new to this. Have a lovely day and thanks again for all the inspiration. Oh I'm having an easter Egg hunt as well for about 25 little kids, wish me luck with that.

Lisa @ Lesapea xx

Anonymous said...

Dibs on the very first table setting encircled by floralia ~ xox Alexadnra

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little notes from Ooh La Frou Frou girl Tiffany to:

Lesapea Musings: So much fun, darling, creating an Easter bonnet for your daughter AND planning an Easter egg hunt! This Easter card was just MADE for you, I think! ;) Thanks so much for the compliments on the post ... it makes me so happy if I've given you a little inspiration for the big day! xoxo

Coco Coterie: I so agree ... there was a reason I chose that first table setting to be the number one table inspiration image! It's so divine, no? What a pleasant brunch that would be in the sunshine! Thanks, sweetie, for stopping by to visit ... always such a pleasure! xoxo

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

This post was just too darling! I am so tickled that I found it. Off to explore the rest of your site. xx

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

This post was just too darling! I am so tickled that I found it. Off to explore the rest of your site. xx

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Little luv notes from Ooh La Frou Frou girl Tiffany to:

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie: SO glad you're back, darling! We missed you! Everyone needs a little whimsy in their life, no? Everytime we hear the word "whimsy" we think of you! xoxo

Gabriella: We're so happy that you discovered us too, darling! We love making new girlfriends ... did you notice that if you click to follow the blog *poof!* you become one of the "Glamorous Girlfriends?" Just wanted to let you know ... the Glamorous Girlfriends are occasionally offered benefits and special promotions ;) So nice to meet you!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I get so obsessed with the colors of Easter even though I don't celebrate it! Just makes me want to wear white and pink dresses all year long

xoxo Miss Neira

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Miss Neira: There's just something so happy about pastel or luscious bright colors in the spring! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today, sweetie! Have a lovely week! xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh the Easter Parade is my favorite! Wouldn't it be lovely to watch it together this year, sweetie? I need to go shopping for a bonnet :) xoxo

Chastity @ My Rays of Sunshine said...

Absolutely beautiful dress on your Easter card. It reminds me of when my sister and I were little on Easter. We were all dressed up in our hats, dresses and gloves. Oh to be a kid again!

Unknown said...

My heart is literally racing - I'm on beauty overload!!! I adore Easter and have often hosted at home. And since I decorate for every holiday, you know I go all out.

But, I have definitely picked up some amazing ideas right here.

And the card!!!! I thought I loved the last one. But, this is the one. Ordering to share with my girlfriends that live in other states. It's just too darling...and you had me at those pretty little pink tulips winking up from behind!!!!

xoxo Elizabeth

Paris Pastry said...

This gets me so excited for Easter ♥! Easter eggs, sugar buns & carrot cake here we come!
I have a little non-post related question for you; how do you get the white frames around your pictures? :)

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

The Alternative Wife: I'd love to see pictures of the bonnets you've worn before at the Easter Parade! Yes, it WOULD be SOOO fun to see it together sometime ... it's 50 degrees today and 60 degrees is predicted tomorrow, so I think we're on our way to spring! YAY! Thanks for stopping by, Dawn! xoxo

Chastity@My Rays of Sunshine: YES, doesn't that dress remind you of childhood ... in a glamorous grown-up kind of way? I too remember every year getting a pretty dress, bonnet, purse, little gloves to wear ... it was such a thing to look forward to ... and Easter egg hunts ... childhood memories mixed with grown-up glamour is what this card is all about! xoxo

Pretty Pink Tulips: Hi darling Elizabeth! I'm so glad the post was an inspiration for your fabulous Easter entertaining ... I can just imagine how beautiful it will be! You'll have to share some pictures on your blog! Ooh La Frou Frou girl Tiffany is so excited to be the one to send your Easter greetings to your friends with your order for the new Easter card! And what says spring more than pink tulips? Each time I painted one of those pink tulips I thought of your view from your desk upstairs! xoxo

Paris Pastry: I bet your Easter celebration will be sooooo delicious!!! Regarding your question, my husband is my photoshop guru, as he's more tech savvy that way .. here is what he said when I asked him: "We use photoshop, step 1 is to create a blank layer underneath or below the image layer; step 2 increase the canvase size by twice the width of the desired border -- do this for both height and width; step 3, fill the layer with white; 4 save as a jpg. Hope this helps! xoxo

Thanks for stopping by girls! Means so much! Have a wonderful week ~ Sandy!

Unknown said...

Looks like such a wonderful party!! I love any party decor that involves bunnies :)

xoxo
Hope

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

The French Mouse: Don't bunnies just make everything a little happier?! (Even chocolate ones like the one in our Easter card!) Have a lovely weekend, sweetie!

Stitchfork said...

Wow and wow, love the photos of all things Easter! Signed on as your newest follower and going back to sigh happily over your photos and cards again!
xo Cathy

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Stitchfork: Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou! So glad to have you as one of the new "Glamorous Girlfriends!" The Ooh La Frou Frou Collection card line is just a baby ... one year old this month and the blog is new too ... it launched the end of August 2010. Lots and lots of fun to come! xo Sandy

Patricia said...

Oh your cards are the best Sandy! Quality is top notch and adorable!!
Cupcake
xo

Beth Dunn said...

Wow! Amazing pics. You just made me excited for Easter.
xoxo
SC

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Cupcake: Thanks so much sweetie ... that means so much to me! Kisses!

Beth Dunn: Welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou, Beth! Thank you for following ~ The Ooh La Frou Frou Collection is a brand new cardline ... lots and lots of fun to come! xo

Hope your weather is as nice as it is here, girls! Thanks again ~ Sandy

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I seriously need to make those darling cupcakes!

Angelica Ng said...

Wow! I don't often think much of Easter, since I don't go hunting for chocolate anymore anyways. But these photos prove that Easter has come a long way since then! So beautiful! Hope you all have a great Easter, whether that's with family, friends, or yourself.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Kristin: I thought those cupcakes were adorable too and they don't really look that difficult to make. SO cute for a bird theme ;) xoxo

Angelica Ng: Thank you sweetie-pie! Easter is such a perfect opportunity to decorate with happy spring colors if you're entertaining. Even if you aren't doing much for Easter right now, I bet there will be a time that you will ... stick those ideas away in your brain for future use! xoxo

Thanks so much, girls, for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the giant white bunny on the buffet table!! Too cute! Wish I was at that party!

xoxo
Hope Ava

Anonymous said...

Who knew Easter could be so pretty! Fabulous!

x

COCAMIA said...

Your blog is Charming and Beautiful...XOXO

Anonymous said...

I am in love with this post. Easter is so late this year, and you make me want it NOW! ;-)

(I did not know about the NYC parade, in London I would avoid these things, but here I am so tempted to visit and see...)

www.styleonthecouch.wordpress.com
www.twitter.com/styleonthecouch

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

The French Mouse: Doesn't he make a lovely centerpiece? I saw one once that was lying on his back with his feet in the air holding a white ceramic basket (he was ceramic too) in the air for flowers or a plant to go in. He was adorable too! Thanks for stopping by, sweetie!

notjustanothermilla: Hi Milla! Thanks so much for the compliment ... so appreciate it! Always love it when you stop by! xo

Cocamia: Hi lovely. So glad I discovered your lovely blog too! It'll be fun following each other in blogland as well as Twitter! Just placed you on my blogroll. xo

styleonthecouch: Hi sweetie-pie. So glad that you loved the post ... I'm eager for the beauty that is Easter too ... can't wait, actually. It's one of the prettiest holidays to entertain! Such happy colors ;) Thanks for stopping by, love! xo