Monday, April 9, 2012

So Very Pinteresting

Hello Fabulous Friends!
I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend ... I certainly did!
Saturday was sunny and busy and included
a walk through a nursery greenhouse filled with spring blooms
while dreaming of spring plantings,
a little shopping, catching a little lunch al fresco ...
and Sunday was dinner at my brother and his family's home,
to which I brought dessert.

Speaking of Easter weekend,
many of you expressed an interest in obtaining the
recipe for the {above} delicious
 coconut cake with coconut cream filling
that I mentioned has become a favorite recipe of mine.
I've made this cake many times for Easter
and I thought I'd share the love ...
the cake is a Martha Stewart recipe
and can be found here ...
It's definitely worth the time!

As it was such a busy family holiday weekend
and left little time for creating illustrations
 for this week's post,
I thought that I'd simply share a little of
the ooh-la-la glamour keeping residence on
Ooh La Frou Frou's Pinterest boards!
Is there a better place than Pinterest to get inspired?
We can spot a new hair style,
find an accessory we must have,
plan our next travel adventure and more ...
I often get inspiration for future illustrations
while perusing through the fabulous images.

Below are just a few of the things
I've found "Pinteresting" and "Pinspirational" lately ...
maybe you have too!
These images and their original sources
can be found on the boards of
Sandy@OohLaFrouFrou ...
where you'll find boards named
"Never Enough Pink"
"Accessorize"
"Home is Where the Glamour is"
and more ...
if you're not following,
 I'd love to have you!

Here are just a few of the beauties you'll find
scattered on the Ooh La Frou Frou boards ...
 


















 










 




















I hope you enjoyed the little trip through
my Pinterest boards!

Before I sign off,
I thought I'd share with you one of the many
custom illustrations that I've recently done ...
the lovely Rosemary of a blog called
"New York, Style and a Little Cannoli"
asked if I could come up with a logo for her
to insert into her header or use as a button.
I created a glamorous hand
sporting a diamond bracelet and cocktail ring
to signify the "Style" portion of her blog title,
then resting in her hand is a
yummy-looking cannoli dusted with powdered sugar
and filled with a chcolate-chip cream filling
to signify the desserts she talks about on the blog
and, of course, New York is represented by
the city buildings, featuring in the center the
Empire State with its glow.
It's always fun to see what illustration projects
my lovely clients think of ...
thank you, Rosemary!

Have a wonderful week filled with
glamorous fun!

This blog is written by
and all illustration is by Sandy M
{Sandra Markwalder}
the founder of Ooh La Frou Frou.

For CUSTOM illustration,
contact Sandy here for a quote.
For Ooh La Frou Frou cards
featuring the illustrations of Sandy M go here.

For Sandy@OohLaFrouFrou on Pinterest go here.
Sandy M ~ Ooh La Frou Frou on Twitter: @oohlafroufrou
Follow Ooh La Frou Frou on Facebook
Ooh La Frou Frou on Bloglovin'


23 comments:

bridechic said...

Always such an inspiration to visit with you. . .

classiq said...

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter, Sandy. Your blog illustration is adorable. Have a great week! xo
Ada

soniadaigle said...

Thank you for the eye candy images to daydream all day long! I can't never get enough of Pinterest!!!
Have a lovely week Sandy
Sonia xotrentse ndadqua

Unknown said...

Gorgeous images as always Sandy! I'm hoping to have a lightly dusted canoli myself this week! Sorry I will not see you in nyc, but will think you!

xoxo Mary Jo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful Easter weekend, Sandy! Love that illustration and all of your pinspiration!

Have a great week! :) xoxo

Margarita Bloom said...

I seriously need to make that cake!!Mmmm, coconut!! Well, I love ALL of your photos...no surprise there...giggle...and now I want a cannoli with pistachios please. lol...

Happy Monday pretty!

Amanda English said...

Every image just made me want to go, 'Pin it, Pin it, Pinning'. LOL! xoxo A-

Sam said...

Hi sweetie, hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! The cake looks far too tempting, thanks so much for sharing the link. Loved all the pink inspiration, you always find the most beautiful pics!

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

I do love the illustration you did for me and my blog. Thank you again so much! Loving the chanel quotes too
Have a fabulous week!!

Pink Champagne said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Can't you just get lost in the dreamy world of Pinterest? Wishing you a fabulously chic night! XX

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

My dear Sandy! Your Easter weekend sounds like it was just lovely and I'm so glad for you! I just started using Pinterest recently and it's become quite an addiction! I must follow you now cause I'm totally loving all your images! And the logo you designed for Rosemary is just gorgeous! The Empire State Building has never quite looked so glamorous :) I've been so out of it and so out of touch lately. I've missed your wonderfully inspiring posts. I appreciate your sweet thoughts and well wishes. I'm finally starting to feel abit more like myself again and hope to be active on the blogosphere again soon. Have an amazing week!
xo Rowena

Ivana said...

I'm such a Pinterest addict :) I could spend hours pinning and repinning inspiring pictures! And I'm heading over to your boards immediately and I already know that I'll repin all of your pictures :) I love your selection!
Have a wonderful day Sandy!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Angelica Ng said...

Mmm! Coconut anything is sure to be delicious. Instead of listing all the photos I like (since that would take ages), let's just say I like everything that involves lace, frills, ruffles...anything feminine! The gloves...that pink trench...gah! Beauty overload!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

Dee said...

Hi Sandy! I love your pics! That pink coat with the bow in the back is my fav. So dainty. That cake looks so yummy thanks for sharing. I'm a big fan of Martha Stewart myself.

Have a great day!
Dee xoxo

Unknown said...

Sandy,
Hello darling!! I love the illustration you created for Rosemary! I know she must be over the moon.

And, how is it you always find the most amazing images? I am simply transported when I come and visit.

Coconut is an absolute favorite of mine, so thank you for sharing this lovely cake recipe.

Wishing you a glamorous week!!
xoxo Elizabeth

miss b said...

I love everyone one of those images and the exercise quote is such fun!
Your illustration is once again so creative!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

SoapyMermaid said...

I follow you on pinterest and I love all your fabulous photos... really admire the lovely illustration you created for rosemary. I am going to check her blog out :)

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Yes I noticed the gorgeous new image on Rosemary's blog. Why didn't I guess it was your beautiful work? Now it seems so obvious ;-)
Gorgeous images Angel

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Sandy! Oh Sandy! HAHAHA I just went to Pinterest and I'm following ALL of your boards. I can't wait to look through each one. So delightful! But I would expect nothing less. Was feeling a little under the weather. So I'm just catching up on blog commenting. Still have more to go. LOL But I like to read and enjoy posts when I do. My mom would kiss you. She LOVES coconut cake. Thanks so much for the recipe. Have a great week and weekend girl. TTYL ((HUG))

LV said...

Your posts always put a big smile on my face. I love everything!!!!! I am so inspired:-)

Morgan Brooks said...

So inspiring! I adore these love! I am giving away $50 to ASOS and I would love for you to stop by an enter!
xoxo
Morgan
http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/2012/04/50-to-asos-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

Hello Sandy,
Loved all your photos and of course I'm enjoying the daily Pinterest fix and all the imagery for inspiration. It's wonderful that we are following eachother there as well. Your drawings are always fantastic! Have a great weekend sweetie.
xo
Maria

http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

LV said...

Sandy, I gave you a blog award:-) stop by and check it out!