Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ILLUSTRATION STYLE and COMMISSIONED

~ PART ONE ~
ILLUSTRATION STYLE
WATERCOLOR/GOUACHE WITH PEN AND INK BACKGROUND

Happy Wednesday!
I'm combining two of the new series' of posts today ...
ILLUSTRATION STYLE and COMMISSIONED.
In ILLUSTRATION STYLE posts,
I show you samples of one of my styles of illustration.
Since the commissioned illustration I'm featuring today
is in this illustration style, you get a little of each series!

The illustration style of
WATERCOLOR/GOUACHE WITH PEN AND INK BACKGROUND
 is a style of mine that I love to do ...
It's the style where I paint a portion of the illustration in watercolor
and create the background in crisp black and white.
This brings attention to the featured character(s)
of an illustration, such as the party girls below, in my
"PARIS PARTY" illustration.


This style is one of my favorite styles.
Following is another of my illustrations in this style that
you've probably seen, called "PARIS DREAMS."

These are but two of my illustrations in this style ...
you'll be seeing many more in the future!

~ Part Two ~
COMMISSIONED
POSH FROSTING

If you are not familiar with
POSH FROSTING,
they make gorgeousl Swarovski and Diamonte
encrusted rain boots and luxury accessories.
This story begins when one day they contacted me
to create two custom illustrations for them.
The first illustration:
a pair of their embellished rain boots standing alone
and another version of this illustration with the boots "walking"
across their Facebook page header.
Although the boot illustration is NOT in the
watercolor and pen and ink style of this post,
{it was created using acrylic and gouache},
it is part of the POSH FROSTING commission.


My acrylic/gouache boot illustrations for POSH FROSTING




The second illustration I created for them IS in the
 WATERCOLOR/GOUACHE and PEN AND INK style
{But it is NOT the girl's face below!).
POSH FROSTING wanted me to use their logo girl's face
 {that they already had on their Facebook page} as
inspiration to bring her to  life ...
so, here is their existing logo that I used as my inspiration:

Posh Frosting's Logo Girl That I Was to "Bring to Life"

I needed to use that logo face as inspiration and create her as a full-size girl,
breathing life into her by illustrating her walking down a city street in the rain,
holding an umbrella and wearing POSH FROSTING rain boots.
The background was created in pen and ink.

My WATERCOLOR/GOUACHE Illustration for POSH FROSTING

 Posh Frosting rain boots are available on Etsy.
Thank you, POSH FROSTING!

So, in closing, I ask you ...
what if our real life days were in this style of illustration,
where our backgrounds were in black and white,
shining the spotlight on us?
I bet we'd really concentrating on the color of our outfits! haha

Have a great mid-week, everyone!
If you missed Monday's "Party Girl" post,
illustrated "Bar Cart Soiree" notes
are available for purchase on the post while they last!
See you Friday!



  OOH LA FROU FROU
is the blog of illustrator
SANDY M

For custom illustration
contact Sandy here.

Illustrations in this post
are the work of
SANDY M
(with the exception of Posh Frosting logo in circle)




7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, your illustration are amazing!! You are really talented my dear!
Kiss

New post on Tati loves pearls
Get a 80$ voucher with my Msdressy giveaway!
Join my international giveaway and win 3 pieces of jewelry!
Tati loves pearls facebook page

High Heeled Life said...

You have certainly brought their gal to life!! your work is great. and the boots tres chic!! xo Hugs, HHL

Gorgeous Glam said...

Great job doll! I love what you did with the posh girl! Hope all is well! xx -Taj

Fashion-isha said...

You are so good! I just love looking at your illustrations!
xo
Sharon

Ivana said...

Oh Sandy, you always steal my heart with your work, how come you are so incredibly talented??? Obviously, I adore the Paris illustrations (after all, that city will forever be the love of my life, even if I don't live there anymore). Gorgeous!

Sandy, I'm sorry I haven't replied you earlier: I've been in bed with nasty flu for more than a week, and I couldn't even open my laptop - doctor's orders! I will feature you in my interview series whenever you want, if you want to wait for your photos to be taken, please let me know. I want your interview to be perfect :)

Have the loveliest of days!

xx Ivana

Macarons and Pearls

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I'm always amazed by the charm and fabulousness you bring to your illustrations Sandy! Your work looks lovely on Posh Frosting's Facebook page and your Posh Frosting girl should be an inspiration that we can still look great on rainy days :)


Rowena @ rolala loves

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow! I din't know you had done work for Posh Frosting who has been a customer of mine also. I didn't realise you did the lovely illustration with the boots. I LOVE how you have brought their logo to life. You are so talented Sandy.