Friday, February 15, 2013

INSPIRED

INSPIRED
Fashion Icon

Hi lovelies!
Did you all have a great Valentine's Day?
I hope so!


Mine was full of fun surprises
that started with something I'll mention below,
and went on from there to include the delivery of the
pretty white tufted Chloe sofa that I purchased last week,
a bouquet of lavender roses
and a delicious Valentine's dinner out.

Those of you that follow me on
Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
have probably seen a few of my mentions of the
Oscar de la Renta inspiration going on with me lately.
It all started when I was inspired to create an illustration
of a bottle of Oscar de la Renta's new perfume,
Something Blue, for the OscarPRGirl's
 "Something Blue" Pinterest board
that I posted about here
and placed a video of it's creation here.

The Oscar PR Girl
 is the lovely Erika Bearman,
SVP, Global Communications,
Oscar de la Renta, NY.
I was thrilled when contacted by
Erika's office a week ago
and told that they loved the illustration and
wanted to feature it on the Oscar de la Renta site.
As if that wasn't enough, they are sending me
a bottle of the fragrance, Something Blue!

So, my happy Valentine's Day started with the surprise
of another e-mail from Erika Bearman's office
notifying me that it was up on the site ...
what a fab Valentine's Day present!


The illustration was one of eighteen images
chosen as favorites in the "My Something Blue"
Pinterest campaign.
To see all eighteen favorites,
go to http://www.oscardelarenta.com/the-house/
and click on the My Something Blue Pinterest Gallery.

As all of this excitement was going on,
I, like many of you, were mesmerized by the
beautiful photograph which was posted on Instagram
by the Oscar PR Girl as a sneak peek into
her amazing new feature on The Coveteur.
That fabulous Oscar de la Renta skirt
she was wearing in the photo inspired this illustration:



I just love to add sparkles to everything ...


If you haven't seen the Erika Bearman feature
on The Coveteur, it takes us to the chic NYC loft of
the Oscar PR Girl herself ...
if you'd like to read it, you can find it here.





{the last three photos from The Coveteur feature}

So much inspiration everywhere you turn ...
what will it be tomorrow?

What have you been inspired by lately?
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
See you Monday!

OOH LA FROU FROU
is the blog of illustrator
SANDY M

For custom illustration
drop Sandy a note here.

10 comments:

miss b said...

Well your day was certainly full of surprises and how wonderful to have your perfume illustration on the Oscar de la Renta site! The skirt is so feminine and the colour so rich. I'm always amazed and fascinated by their creativity.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Anastasia Schembri said...

Sounds like you had a magnificent Valentine's Day, congratulations on the wonderful news from Erika!!
Now I am off to check out all your links!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
xo

FASHION TALES said...

How marvellous Sandy! Congrats! Loved the feature ... the illustration is gorgeous. Thanks for loads of inspiration! happy weekend. xx/Madison

Margarita Bloom said...

Whoohooo, sounds absolutely awesomesauce Sandy!! Congrats. I just love Oscar de la Renta...

It was so busy here the last couple of weeks that I've been a bit MIA. I miss checking out your blog...I'm always so inspired by you. Which makes me think I've really got to start paying more attention to my blog...maybe I should do a makeover too. *wink wink*

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I'm so glad to hear your week has been filled with such lovely surprises. Your Oscar de La Renta illustration is totally fab and it's really awesome that they thought so at ODLR as well. Congratulations! Loved the video you posted on the creation of it on Vine btw :) I did catch the Coveteur feature and her style and space are both quite enviable. Your illustration is so pretty and yes sparkles make everything better ;)

Have a splendid weekend Sandy!
Rowena @ rolala loves
Enter my iPad Clutch Giveaway!

soniadaigle said...

You go girl, You are so talented and you turn everything that you touch into magical fantasy that any girl like me adore!!!
Luv Sonia
XO

Fashion-isha said...

Your Valentines Day sounds amazing. I want to see that sofa! Have a beautiful weekend!
xo
Sharon

Debra said...

Hi Sandy! Wow! This is so exciting! I am very happy for you sweetie. I'm a newer fan & follower & I just ADORE your lovely artwork. You deserve this wonderful honor. :)

Debra@stylewisebydebra.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrats Sandy!!! That is thrilling and your work is lovely--love the way that you made the skirt of her ball gown so 3-dimensional and also captured such a soft feel to the fabric--just gorgeous!

So glad you had a happy Valentine's--it is definitely the most perfect day of the year for a glamorous time!

xo Mary Jo

Unknown said...

Wow Sandy, you are beyond talented! happy that you had a good time :)

http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
UK High Street Fashion & Style
xoxo