Monday, March 11, 2013

SPRING AHEAD


If you, like myself, live in a part of the world
that participates in daylight savings time,
this last weekend we changed our clocks ahead an hour
and refer to it as "springing ahead."
I take that as my cue (doesn't take much)
 to start looking for leaf buds on the trees and
tulips to pop out of the ground.
I know, I know ... springing ahead doesn't mean it's spring.
But, in my mind when we switch to daylight savings
and the light stays around longer,
it's officially A-OK to be in a SPRING mood!

Add to that the fact that this weekend
we had beautiful sunshine and
that the temperature on Sunday rose to an
almost balmy fifty-nine degrees (Fahrenheit)
and I'm in spring heaven.
We took a Sunday drive to celebrate the occasion
(just love those, don't you?)
and took a walk in the warmth of the sun ...
it was heavenly!
Were you in a spring celebration mood too?
Did you celebrate "spring ahead" or am I alone here? lol

Let me be the first to wish you all
Happy Spring Ahead
and let's consider it the launching off
of loads of springtime fun!
It's official gang.

See you Wednesday!


OOH LA FROU FROU
is the blog of illustrator
SANDY M

For custom illustration
contact Sandy here.

9 comments:

miss b said...

It's sunny here with blue skies but very very cold. At least the days are getting longer! I can't wait to wear lighter clothes and pretty spring colours. That's a cheerful spring illustration!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Ivana said...

We're having our daylight savings at the end of this month, and while so many people whine about losing one hour of sleep, I focus my attention to the fact that the days are longer, the sun pops out from behind the clouds, and the nature is finally waking up after a long sleep...it's my favorite time of the year, and a promise of new beginnings. I love spring!

How are you, sweetie?

xx Ivana

Macarons and Pearls

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Somehow just hearing the phrase "spring ahead' triggers spring in my mind :) We also enjoyed some warmer than usual temps in NYC this past weekend. We even sat outside on the upper deck when we took the water taxi ride over to Brooklyn. Now I can't wait for the real spring temps to arrive!

Have a marvelous week dear Sandy!
Rowena @ rolala loves

Fashion-isha said...

I'm sooo ready for Spring! I've been in Chicago where it's cold and grey but my new grandson (that sounds so weird!!) is my sunshine these days!
xo
Sharon

Angelica Ng said...

Springing ahead...OR, one less hour to sleep.

By the way, just noticed your fashion illustrations on the side. LOVE the Chloe and J. Crew one. Ugh J. Crew...I wish they had them where I live! Can't get enough of the preppy chic pieces.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm having SPRING thoughts too Sandy! I can't wait. The weather keeps going back and forth. HaHaHa Think I'll start working on my closet soon. Have a delightful week sweetheart!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Unknown said...

New York has warmed up to mid 40's and low 50's but it still fluctuates. I am so eager for more steady sunny days and milder weather. At least daylight savings is a good indicator that we are headed that way. Hope you are having a great week Sandy and looking forward to our "project" to bloom soon. Yay!
XOXO

Maria
http://www.onestyleatatime.com/

FASHION TALES said...

Lovey illustration dear Sandy! I am so ready for springtime, even though a bit cold in some areas. Wishing you a bright week and weekend ahead. xxoo/Madison

Unknown said...

Wow, such an amazing work! Everyone is looking forward to spring. I am way ahead looking forward to summer. After the months of bundling up--can you blame me?

xoxo,
Betina
The Boyfriend Project