Friday, April 5, 2013

INSPIRED

 Hi guys ...

What has inspired you this week?
Let's compare notes ...

IN THE STUDIO ...
This week, I've been inspired in the studio,
where I've been very busy painting
several custom illustrations ...
that included perfume and pink seashells and
stilettos and pretty chaise lounges
and much, much more for
some lovely clients.
I feel so lucky that for my job,
I get to paint such beautiful items all of the time.

WHEN NOT IN THE STUDIO ...
When not illustrating, I've been inspired by my HOME,
 as I dream and plan the decor of the current room I'm working on,
the living room, of our house that we purchased and moved into last June.

Sooooo ...
since I can't share photos of the above illustrations
that I'm currently working on with you yet,
and this is a post in the INSPIRED series,
let's talk about decor inspiration!
For instance, yesterday, after working in the studio non-stop
from early morning until mid-afternoon,
I took a break to stretch and stepped out into the beautiful sunshine.
I called up my best friend to join me in my continued search
for the next items I needed for the living room ...
which was two pretty side chairs
to flank a side table in the big bay window.
This window is such a happy, sunny place in the room
and I wanted it to be the perfect spot
for sitting with a friend and sharing a glass of iced tea
and chatting while doing something fun like leafing through
a stack of magazines in the summer sunshine.

Since our house is on water,
I've mentioned before that I've chosen to
decorate the home in a peaceful but glamorous
beach house style.
Decorating always inspires me, doesn't it you?
I can have so much fun just playing with
 a perfect tabletop vignette.  You too?

If you follow me on instagram,
you've seen tidbits here and there of the living room so far ...
but if you don't follow, here are a few snaps
that I've posted from my i-phone  ...

The first and one of the very best choices I made
was to paint the walls in the living room
the most luscious, ethereal shade of pale blue-green
that looks SO pretty with the glossy white trim.
The room is so serene and it really makes you feel
that you're under a summer sky with sunshine
pouring in the tall windows.
Below is the arch in front of the living room
bay window in the new color.


I haven't bought any window treatments
or decided on a rug yet, but I have bought a
pretty white sofa and some great pillows for it ...
and the crystal urn lamp and table you see in the background
is one of  two matching tables/lamps that flank the bay window
behind the sofa ...


In keeping with the beachy theme,
a Nate Berkus white tortoiseshell graces one wall ...


I also chose two lamps like the one below for a long side table in the room ...
I love the coral bases.
And I'm now looking for two chic ottomans to tuck under that table.


Until yesterday's afternoon trip in search of the chairs,
the living room colors consisted only of pale whites, creams and blue-green.
I hadn't decided on another color yet, but after yesterday,
two new side chairs for the window decided that for me.
This pretty graphic print is a closep-up of the pattern
on the new chairs I purchased ... a sunny yellow that reminds me
of the happiness of summer sun and yellow beach umbrellas ...


I've been trying to decide on the artwork I'll be painting for the room ...
when I figure that out, I'll share photos when the artwork begins ...

Speaking of home inspiration, I'll close with something
 I recently saw that was fun and inspirational
in an architectural way and
thought you might enjoy seeing.
Architecture ALWAYS inspires me, doesn't it you?
I love home decor blogs and one that never fails to impress
is The Enchanted Home, where the author invites us
to join her as she shares, among other things, her adventures
as she decorates her absolutely
breathtaking and stately home.

In a recent post (here), The Enchanted Home
shared with us photos of a Mt. Vernon-inspired playhouse
and I couldn't believe my eyes!
Yes ... you read right ... it's really a playhouse!



Allan Greenberg, Architect

Unbelievable, no?
My thanks to The Enchanted Home for sharing the fun.

Will you be doing something inspiring this weekend?
I'd love to hear what you've been up to!
Are you decorating too right now?
Do tell!
Till next Monday ...

OOH LA FROU FROU
is the blog of illustrator
SANDY M

For custom illustration,
drop Sandy a line here.

The photos of my home in this post
are personal photos taken by SANDY M
The two playhouse photos
courtesy of  The Enchanted Home.

5 comments:

designchic said...

It all looks so pretty and I LOVE the pillows - beautiful color!!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Your house is coming together so beautifully Sandy! The color you chose for your living room looks gorgeous. It must be such an oasis to your eyes. Decorating can be so much fun! We're in the midst of of a refresh on our apt. right now. Just bought new night stands and getting a new couch soon. New furniture makes me happy :) That playhouse is totally amazing! How do we all get one ;p

Have a fantastic weekend sweets!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Debra said...

HI Sandy! :) Missed you....life's been crazy busy. Lol! I LOVE how your living room looks so far. That big blue pillow, coral based lamps & the sunshiney new chairs are fabulous! I love your home. Can't wait to see what you paint for it! Xo

Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

Ines said...

I am sharing your love to home design. And your home is showing your soul.
Enjoy being inspired in your work and your interieur.

miss b said...

Your home is coming along so well and the lamps in the soft pink are very pretty yet sylish. The playhouse is amazing - it must be one of the most glamorous playhouses around.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/