Monday, May 27, 2013

Let the Fun Begin





Summer.
It's Officially Unofficially Here!
Starting with Memorial Day weekend, it's as if confetti has been
shot into the air to gently fall to the ground all during the months of
June, July and August in celebration.



And celebrate I DO!
If you follow me, you know by now that I'm definitely a
SUMMER GIRL.
Nothing is better to me than:
the scent of sweet summer air from an open window in the morning,
days purposefully planned to contain NO plans other than the spontaneous,
spreading out a blanket in the sun, closing my eyes and seeing the shadows
of the leaves of the tree above me as they gently move in the breeze,
barbecues and bonfires,
lemonade on the porch,
trips to farm stands and farmer's markets,
the feel of sand under my feet,
the sound of soft waves lapping the shore,
long weekend trips & summer vacations,
early morning walks admiring beautifully landscaped homes,
sultry nightwalks past the golden-lit houses,
dinners alfresco,
outdoor soirees and pastel sundresses,
days and days of beach time and boating,
walks along wooded hiking trails,
bicycling, badminton, croquet,
good summer reads,
firefly watching and night cricket sounds ...
just to name a few.

You get the drift ... I feel strongly about summer ...







  















If you should walk past my home during the summer,
you would probably hear soft tunes wafting through the air
of some summer favorites like
this, this or  this.
My love of summer
is often reflected in my illustrations, as well.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that
during the summer months,
I will be on a "non-schedule" schedule here at the blog.
In other words, there will essentially be no set blog schedule
for June, July and August.
Rather than a weekly post every Monday during these months,
I'll probably be popping in only a couple of times a month
(on no particular day) to keep you posted on anything new
 and to say hello and hear what's new with you!
I'll always announce one of these laid-back posts
on Twitter, Instagram, Vine and Facebook,
so, if you follow me there (please do!), you won't miss a thing!
I did much the same thing schedule-wise last summer
and it was very restoring and highly recommended ...
(Remember how we felt in school with the summer off to play? Uh-huh.).
Along with having the time to enjoy the pleasures of summer,
it also gives me time to let inspiration soak in,
and to plan future illustrations and exciting projects.
During the summer, I'll still be busy with commissioned illustrations,
as usual, so if there's something you'd like, just drop me a line here.

In the meantime ...
as of now you can consider me for the summer ...
"Gone Fishin' for Fun!"

P.S.
One of my wonderful blog readers said that
the following photo from last week's post
(where I mentioned that the photo makes you wonder where
the girl in the floral dress is going
and what the storyline would be that would accompany this image),
made her crave one of my stories (thanks so much, Teri) ...
so maybe I'll have to create an accompanying story
 for it sometime this summer ...
what do you think?
After all ... we all like a beach read ;)


Hope you all had a marvelous weekend!
I'll be chatting with you sometime soon!



16 comments:

Ines said...

Hi, Sandy, you are in a wonderful mood! Good to hear!
Love every single pic.
Here is it still cold:-(
Love, Ines

miss b said...

It doesn't feel much like summer here today - grey skies and pouring down!! Just as well I can rely on you to bring us some sunny photos. Summer Girl is looking very stylish there and I'm just admiring the lovely blue and white outdoor space. Hopefully the sun will be back here soon.

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Fashion-isha said...

I'm so with you about summer! I really am a happier person! Your images were so fun to scroll throught and I love the checkerboard floor! Have a wonderful day!
xo
Sharon

A Very Sweet Blog said...

This sounds great Sandy! ENJOY the Summer months doll. They are meant to be enjoyed.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Debra said...

Hi Sandy! Wow! Wish I lived near you so I could sit beside the bonfire & listen to the soft sounds of waves splashing. Nothing could make me happier. I will miss all of your lovely posts. But it's good for you to take a break. :) Please do keep n touch. Your photos & illustration for this post were wonderful sweetie. Xoxo!

Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

Sam said...

Hi Sandy! Your tales of summer are beautifully spirited, you describe it perfectly it. makes me miss the season as we are heading into winter here. Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Unknown said...

Such wonderful images, Sandy...Summer was here for us in London at the weekend and now it's gone again...
I LOVE the Louis Vuitton bag (I think) with the Veuve Clicquot....my favourite!
Have a lovely week.
Catherine xx

Amanda English said...

Yah for summer! Well minus 90+ degree days and humidity, I could pass on those. ;)

Fashion-isha said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Sandy! Stupid iPhone...when I pressed publish comment I deleted it by mistake! Oops! Loved your comment. Thank you!!
xo
Sharon

VM Creation Atelier said...

Sandy,sweetheart!

Your illustrationas are so amazing,I am also very happy,we have here in Holland finely summer Sunny days....:)*

Wish you beautiful week ahead,

Hugs and smile from me.

***Violetta***

miss b said...

Thank you so much Sandy for popping over and leaving such a lovely comment. In answer to your question, Turkish Delight is not in fact a spice but a sweet - a kind of gel made of starch and sugar in cubes and dusted with icing sugar. There are many flavours including pistachio , my favourite.

http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Gorgeous Glam said...

Gorgeous post dear, I love all the outdoor spaces. Especially the one with the blue and white vases! My dogs would rip around & knock that over in a heart beat and break into a million pieces! Just last night Tullah dug up one of my beautiful flowering plants! I'm with you though, summer all the way! So glad we are embarking on the sunshine months! Cheers to a fabulous season! xx -Taj

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Your posts always brings a smile to my face Sandy! Summer is meant to be enjoyed and your plan sounds perfect especially since you'll be enjoying the season in that wonderful new house of yours :) I always enjoy your stories as well and would love to read your take on that lovely image.

Thanks for dropping by to check up on me sweet Sandy! I'm having a much better week - less dizzy and the ankle is healing. I think it helps that the summer weather has finally arrived in NYC as well. It's 90 and sunny today and I'm hanging out on my terrace loving every minute :)

Hope your summer is off to a splendid start and that it'll be an amazing season!

Rowena @ rolala loves

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Oh my! Your images make me want to crave summer also;-) Such gorgeous images. I agree taking a break over summer is very refreshing. and rejuvenating; plus you will want to enjoy your wonderful new house I am sure ;-)

Unknown said...

Sandy, what a gorgeous array of summer images! I hope that your new summer hours find you enjoying all the pleasures of the season!

xo Mary Jo

Classiq said...

I'm a summer girl too, Sandy. I think it shows on my face when summer arrives. What a beautiful selection of images to celebrate the arrival of our favourite season. Enjoy all its little pleasures!