Monday, December 5, 2011

Have Yourself a Sparkly Little Christmas

Hello Ooh La Frou Frou Girls!

This week is the second post in our
series of holiday fun ...
and since this is the home of the
Ooh La Frou Frou illustrated City Girls,
 we decided it would be very appropriate to
feature the fabulous holiday windows
of a New York City store
each week leading up to Christmas!
This week ...
it's the windows of
one of New York's more sparkly stores ...
Tiffany & Company!

We can't talk about Tiffany & Company
without thinking of a certain
 illustrated Ooh La Frou Frou girl  ...

If you're new to Ooh La Frou Frou,
 Tiffany is one of the eight
illustrated city girls that star in the
Ooh La Frou Frou Collection card line and its blog ...
Tiffany loves Audrey Hepburn style,
so, of course, she loves all things Tiffany & Company.
Are you a Tiffany?

If you are, you may have seen a little of yourself
in the glamorous Summer City Girl notecard
that we introduced earlier this year ...
in it we see Tiffany being rather "Audrey"
peering in Tiffany's window...

Ohhhh, and by the way ...
~ speaking of notecards ~
if you think the excitement of winter
ends with the holidays, oh noooooo, darling ...
 the Winter City Girls
will be romping through the snow in the city
long after the holidays!
To brighten your winter days, the
Winter City Girls Notecards
will be coming your way approximately
 the end of January!

Ready for a little fantasy?
Let's imagine for a just a moment that YOU are
Ooh La Frou Frou girl Tiffany ...
you live in the city
in a fantasy townhouse that
looks suspiciously like Audrey Hepburn's townhouse
of Breakfast at Tiffany's
~ only it's better ~
because your door, trim and awnings are
Tiffany blue
(how pretty would that door look with greenery
and sparkling lights around it?) ...

If you were Tiffany, your holiday
cookies just might look like this ...

And how would you decorate your
Christmas tree?
I would think a city girl like Tiffany
might start out with a
Tiffany blue one ...

And I imagine that she wouldn't be putting
just any old garland on it ...
I think that
maybe just maybe
the garland would look more like ...
 this?

... and ...
perhaps some strands of these? ...

 ... and since the tree decorating
started out so glamorously,
regular Christmas ornaments just wouldn't do ...
how about these for ornaments?

... and as a finishing touch, we might as well
tuck plenty of these on the tree here and there ...
 

Ohhhh to dream ...
and that would surely be a tree of dreams!

Before we move on to
the Tiffany & Company holiday windows,
some of you may have at home or know of some cute
mini-Tiffanys (aka Audreys) ...

... and if you do, she would more than likely
be so excited to receive one of these sweet books
wrapped in Tiffany blue paper under the tree ...
(I know a few of us grown-up Tiffany girls
 may want one of these too) ...
they're available at Anthropologie ...



Now, let's take a peek at Tiffany's holiday windows ...
Tiffany windows are all about the carousel this year
and the carousels tops can be seen before you even reach the store!
They're stunning ... whether it's by day ...


or night ...


If you stand close enough to gaze inside,
this is a little of the magic you will see ...




... Tiffany in miniature on the right ...






Step inside this video and walk into NYC and see
how the Tiffany windows appear to passersby ...



and now something special  ...

A LITTLE FREE HOLIDAY GIFT
FROM
OOH LA FROU FROU
JUST FOR YOU, OUR REAL-LIFE
OOH LA FROU FROU GIRLS!
I've illustrated two holiday gift tags ...
and because we all know girls like to
choose the shoes she wants ...
each tag has a different pair of stilettos!
Illustrations created especially for these gift tags,
each glamorous pair of stilettos reflects
Ooh La Frou Frou girl Tiffany's
 love of all things sparkly.
All you need is some card stock
and a little ribbon so you can attach them to your holiday gift!

To download the following stiletto tags
as well as last year's 2010 tags,
go here to the download page on our website.
When you get to that page, just scroll
down until you see the four tags listed and
click on the appropriate tag name
to take you to the pdf for printing.

The first tag is a sparkly shoe lined in Tiffany blue!


The second tag is a Tiffany blue pair!


These gift tags are for personal use only
for you, our lovely blog readers,
not for resale.

Because this has been a Tiffany post,
I want to close with a happy
congratulations to one of our
real-life Ooh La Frou Frou girls
that recently became engaged ...
and she's wearing a gorgeous
Tiffany ring like the ring I chose above
to adorn the Tiffany tree!
We're so happy for you,
Julie of Brown Eyed Belle!

~ Till next week ~
Happy Holiday Planning!


All illustration is by
the artist and creator of Ooh La Frou Frou
(c) Sandra Shelton Markwalder.

Ooh La Frou Frou Collection cards
can be purchased here.

PHOTO SOURCES VIA:
1. Tiffany Box with Earring Stud
2. Elini's Snowflake Cookies
Jewelry:
 3. Diamond Strands
3A. Pearls
3B. Tiffany Earrings
3C. Tiffany Ring
4. Mini-Tiffany (aka Audrey)
5. Just Being Audrey Book by Margaret Cardillo (linked above)
6. Tiffany Window #1 (daytime)
7. Tiffany Window #2 (nighttime)
8. Tiffany Window #3 (carousel animals in distance)
9. Tiffany Window #4 (carousel animals up close)
10. Tiffany Window #5 (street scene)
11. Tiffany Window #6 (necklace on snow)
12. Tiffany Window #7 (Santa's sleigh over city)
Video:
You-Tube

33 comments:

Ivana said...

Once more I´m absolutely and completely enchanted and enamored with your glamorous story. I´m definitely a Tiffany girl, so thank you so much for bringing me to New York and my favorite jewelry store throught this beautiful post!

Have a wonderful week honey!

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so fabulous! The treat at the end is just perfect :-)

Tiffany is my favourite Frou Frou girl and I love reading about her adventures. She's just reminded me to get down to Fifth Avenue and spend time at the windows of all the Christmas shops. Beautiful festive inspired post.

www.styleonthecouch.com

Suburban Princess said...

Beautiful!!! I will need to see if the store in Toronto has the windows done the same way!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Ivana: So glad you could walk along the streets with us and gaze into the Tiffany windows ... wishing you a happy happy happy Holiday season, lovely! xo

Style On The Couch: Hi real-life-Tiffany-in-NY! So glad you could stop by for a little Tiffany love! So glad you enjoyed it ... and when you get to Tiffany, I say someone should take a picture of you gazing into the window like Tiffany in the notecard ;) xo

Suburban Princess: Hi sweetie ~ so glad you could stop by! That does make you wonder if they do a little of the carousel theme in all of their stores ... interesting to know! ;) xo

Layers and Layers said...

One of my dreams (of which thankfully there are still many) is to come to New York for Christmas ... thanks for bringing a little of it to me. The gift tags are adorable, the perfect girlfriend gift topper :) thanks, Sandy!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Layers and Layers: I'm with you, it's so wonderful to have a running list of dreams still to accomplish and plan for ... can't imagine a life without dreams! Speaking of, hope your holiday season is dreamy, darling. Thanks so very much for the compliment on the gift tags ... loved creating them ;) xo

Chic In Vancity said...

So beautiful!!! LOVE this!! Tiffany's girl all the way! :*)
Bella xo
http://www.chicinvancity.com/

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Hi Sandy! Oh there is nothing better than a Tiffany Holiday is there? I was just there this afternoon in fact doing a little xmas shopping myself. I never ever tire of the feeling that I get when I walk through those doors.

All of this is the epitome of gorgeous in my book!

Have a wonderful week, sweetie! xoxo

Julie Leah said...

Well, aren't you just the sweetest thing?! Thank you so much, Sandy, for that lovely little mention in this post! There's something about Tiffany's that makes every girl just light up inside, myself included, as you can imagine when I received my ring :)

You are the sweetest for mentioning my engagement, and such a beautiful festive post for it to be mentioned in!! Thank you so much, my dear!! xoxoxo

Ruby said...

Delightful and a wonderland of scrumptious sparklies!

Karena said...

Sandy oh I adore this post! You know how I feel about Audrey, and now even precious little Audrey!!

The Tiffany windows are gorgeous!!Plus I am so excited for our friend Julie!

Please Come and enter in My 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways. There are so many exciting & special Gifts! You will love them!

Tis the Season!

xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Chic in Vancity: Thank you! So glad you could stop by, Bella, and I hope you're having a lovely holiday season! xoxo

The Alternative Wife: Thanks, darling Dawn ... it amazes me how many times the topic that I am speaking about on the blog coincides with what you have been doing in New York as a real-life Ooh La Frou Frou girl. Love it! And lucky the person that will be the recipient of your Tiffany gift! ;) xoxo

Julie (Brown Eyed Belle): You're so welcome, Julie! I truly am so very happy for your happiness! ;) xoxo

Ruby at Ruby's Musings: Always so lovely when you stop by, Ruby ... you know I love it! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season so far! ;) xoxo

Karena: So glad you could stop by, Karena darling! So love it when you do and it all sounds very exciting over at your place, I'll be over very soon! ;) Happy Holidays to you! xo

One Fine Day said...

What a beautiful blog:) I'm so glad I stumbled upon your site. You're so talented. Can't wait to read more:)

The Wild Fleur said...

It's definitely on my bucket list to be in NYC during the holidays one year so I can see the famous decorations, especially the ones at Tiffany's :-)

Hope you had a lovely weekend, darling!

Hugs xx

Camille @ The Wild Fleur

Unknown said...

I just love Tiffany's and love your illustration with the Tiffany blue front door! A couple of years ago I went to a party there and had a petite four or cupcake that was shaped like a Tiffany's box--I hesitated to bite, but of course had to know how it would taste--delicious! Just like this post!

Hope you're off to a wonderful December Sandy!
xo Mary Jo

Sam said...

What gorgeous blue & white inspiration. I prefer these colours over the usual red and green

Margarita Bloom said...

Okay, I not HAVE to have a sparkly blue tree with lots of pearls and sparklies! Ooh, why have I never thought of it before! giggle.. I adore your gift tags...to sparkly! and you know how I love anything that sparkles. Mwah!

You know I think it would be sooo much fun to be able to decorate those windows during holidays, it would be like making your own little fantasy world come true.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'll take sparkles anytime!

Pink Champagne said...

Merci my dear friend for your sweet comment! Oh how I adore all things Tiffany's... I got goosebumps imagining a Tiffany blue tree adorned with diamonds and pearls!! I will most definitely be downloading those gorgeous tags for all my gifts - they are pure perfection!

PS - I am visiting NYC this weekend and am giddy to see the lovely window displays. Do you have any other recommendations of must-sees during our visit? Kisses to you!!!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Type-A(shley): Thank you so much Ashley ~ welcome welcome to Ooh La Frou Frou! xoxo

The Wild Fleur: So delightful when you stop by, Camille ~ and being in NY at Christmas is a PERFECT bucket list item ... a not to be missed! xo

Mary Jo at Trust Your Style: How positively ooh-la-la to have gone to a party in Holly Golightly's old "home" ... now, that must have been a glamorous party! xo

Sam: Yes, blue and white are beautiful Christmas colors ... they look so beautiful with snow! xo

Francesca Giusti: Hi Francesca and thank you for the compliment on the blog ~ so nice to meet you and most certainly I'll drop by to see you too! Thanks for being a part of Ooh La Frou Frou! xo

Margarita Bloom: You never fail to make me smile when I read your comments ... and a tiffany blue tree with diamonds and pearls is so you, darling! xo

Kristin: Yes, especially on a Saturday, no? (I think bubbles and sparkles are the same thing, don't you?) xo

Margarita Bloom said...

Oh, dear I've had too much eggnog apparently... I meant to say "I've got to HAVE a sparkly blue tree.." ...giggle...

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Pink Champagne: Oh my gosh! So many things to see, it's hard to know what to mention! Just enjoy it all, I say! I'm so glad you get a chance to see the windows ... how fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by, sweetie ~ and I hope the tags look lovely atop your presents ;) xoxo

Margarita Bloom: Haha ... I knew what you meant, sweetie! I just figured you probably just got so excited at the thought of a Tiffany tree ;) LOL xoxo

Unknown said...

Sandy, you never dissapoint us ladies craving a little sparkle! It doesn't get any better than TIFFANY'S! The jewels here are precious. Your drawings are divine. Thank you for sharing these gift tags. I need to get myself to a printer ASAP. Season's Greetings, darling. :)

http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Hi Sandy, thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry about the missing pictures! I went onto a Blogger forum and see that many people have been have this similar problem. I have no idea what to do.

Anonymous said...

Love love love! I'm a big Tiffany fan. My engagement and wedding rings are from Tiffany's! And what a fabulous display!!! Really makes me want to jump on a plane and spend some time in NY.

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow Sandy! What gorgeous tags. How sweet are you? Yes, the Tiffany card was my favorite in the Summer Collection you sold.
Also those Tiffany windows are incredible. As I've said on many blog posts recently, you Americans really know how to do Christmas xx

CINDY NGO said...

seriously, who can resist the tiffany blue box for any occasion? hehe

i love your tags! the illustrations are amazing.

ps. i'm hosting a whole month of giveaways. this week, you have the opportunity to win a beautiful tunnel ring from besobeso! i hope you'll come visit soon & join!

xx,
cindy - design3rd

Annemarie said...

I just love that Audrey costume. And that ring is stunning. I believe that is Julie's (brown eyed belle's) engagement ring! xo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Fashionista 622: We feel the same way ~ a little sparkle can only make a day a little better, right? ;) Thanks for your sweet comment, darling ... have a wonderful upcoming weekend! xo

Sam: I don't know what I'd do in that circumstance either, Sam ... I've seen other blog posts when it appeared as if a picture of a celebrity it had been taken down, but I don't know if that's what happened on your blog ... best of luck! xo

Cafe Bellini: Ooh, engagement and wedding rings from Tiffany ... can't get more lovely than that! Lucky girl, you! ;)

Vanessa at Luxuria: Thanks so much for your compliment on the tags and the Tiffany notecard, Vanessa ... you're such a darling. Hope you're having a fabulous week ;) xo

Cindy NGO: Hi Cindy! Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks as well for your compliment on the tags ~ so glad you like them. I'll be sure to drop by to visit you too! xo

Annemarie at Brunch at Saks: Hi sweets! Thanks for dropping by ~ I know, that Audrey costume is too adorable on that darling little girl! And that IS Julie's ring!!! When I saw Julie's ring, that's when I though what a beautiful Tiffany tree it would make on this post! ;) Have a wonderful weekend, doll xo

Georgianna said...

Hi Sandy! Isn't this the MOST divine post! What more could anyone want! I simply loved seeing the window displays – thank you so much for that. And the tags are wonderful! I don't have words for that ring. :)

Happy Weekend to you!

Georgianna

classiq said...

Hi, Sandy! The Tiffany holiday windows are gorgeous, looking at window displays is part of this month's charm and one of my favourite activities in December. I love your Tiffany card and the gift are so beautiful! Thank you for this surprise. xo
Ada

Sarah Klassen said...

Hello Sandy,

What a post—beginning to end, so enchanting! The inspiration is over to the top beautiful, and I cannot help but feel the need to go to Tiffany & Co. now—especially at Christmastime... thank you also for the gifts of these lovely and glamorous tags–thoughtful and so kind! And of course, congratulations to Julie :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend planned!

x
Sarah

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Georgianna: Hi lovely! Thanks so much for dropping by ~ always such a pleasure ;) I'm so glad you enjoyed the Tiffany post and tags ... it's always fun to write about beautiful things ... and that's exactly how I would describe that RING! xoxo

Classiq: Hi Ada sweet ... you're very welcome ... thank YOU for being a part of Ooh La Frou Frou! I too love love love store windows any time but especially at the holiday season. As an artist, I've been hired to create windows before and it's always fun ... everything creative is just another canvas! xoxo

Sarah Klassen: Hi Sarah sweetheart! It's always fun when you visit! So very glad you enjoyed the post and tags ~ and, of course, I had to choose that ring to tuck in to our fantasy tiffany blue tree, as it's the very ring that Julie wears! Since I waited so late to begin shopping, I'm about in the middle of it all, so this weekend will entail some of that (but I love it) ... hope yours is simply lovely. xoxo